Used 1999 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews

$813 - $1,871

Used Sebring for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

The looks you get.... Loving it so far *updated**

iamnatman, 10/04/2014
JXi 2dr Convertible

I picked up my Jxi a few months ago for a mere $1400. The engine had 165k miles on it, but I was baffled at how well it was taken care of. This is now a 15 year old car, and I'm amazed at how many looks and compliments you get in it. I drive quite a lot, and have put a good amount of mileage on it already as it's currently @ 176k. Haven't had any major issues with it so far. As others have said, there's odd little electrical problems that pop up, but nothing too serious. The dash lights work when they want to, as do the mirror/dome light. Blower motor works on high speed only (this is an easy fix, though). The trunk lid hydraulic lifters also fail, so watch your head when you open it. Updated 4-5-2016 (Edmunds sent me an email asking for an update on this review). I do still have this car, and drive it every so often. I did run into some issues shortly after my initial review. Oil leaks were (and still are) one of my main issues. The valve cover gaskets failed, and it took the distributor/rotor/cam sensor assembly, and camshaft sensor with it. Oil seeped past the gaskets and ruined the components. I can't fault the gaskets for failing, because it can happen; especially on an older car with this many miles. What I can fault is the engineering of the engine itself, and how horrible they made it to work on. The engine bay is very cramped, and there's little room to work with. The craziest thing is having to remove the intake manifold just to access the rear 3 spark plugs. I've never seen such a crazy setup. Anyway... Getting the aforementioned parts changed out was a major pain in the rear. The valve cover gaskets were caked into the covers, and I spent hours digging them out, and trying my best not to bend the delicate covers (it's a very thin metal, and any warps in it will cause leaks). The distributor, rotor, and cam sensor are in one assembly, and it was very difficult to remove it. Also, since all three of these components are in one big chunk, it's an expensive part, and these engines are very picky about which ones you put in. You take a big risk putting a re-manufactured assembly in, and they have a high fail percentage if you do. Many Chrysler forums recommend you buy an OEM or new one. Same applies for the crankshaft sensor. Even after repairing the leaks there, I still have odd oil spots on the driveway. These cars are prone to oil leaks, and you can read around about it. Still, I'm satisfied with purchasing the car. It's been a very fun little car to take out on the weekend with the family. UPDATED: 10-18-16 (Edmunds sent me yet another email asking for an update) Currently my sebring is not doing so well. I started noticing a serious transmission fluid puddle under the car. I assumed perhaps the pan gasket was bad, and I had my mechanic friend look at it. He called me back soon after and told me to "come down and take a look at it"... never a good sign. He had it up on a lift and rotated the front wheels back and forth. Both driver and passenger axles were loose and rattling around in the differential casing, and fluid was leaking past them. He didn't fully diagnose it, but told me it was likely serious and possibly required a new transmission. Not being able to afford such a repair, I limped it back home and started tearing apart under the engine. Pulling the inspection cover off, it looked like the differential bearings went bad, caused play in the drive axles, and ruined the seals, causing the leak. I'm still in the process of fixing this, and hope to have it back up before winter. Hopefully I won't have to replace the transmission... This has turned into a massive review, but it's the culmination of two requested updates, and me wanting others to know what you might be getting into. One last thing I'm going to mention: This engine is an "interference engine" design. If you're unfamiliar with what that is, basically it means if the timing belt breaks, the engine is completely ruined. I did not know this until after I purchased the car, and I want others to know this beforehand. Every car has a timing belt, or chain. Chains are more reliable and rarely break or cause issue. Belts however, go bad and need to be changed after so many miles/years. It's another bad design, and expensive to service. Breaking it down to pros/cons: PROS: - It's a convertible... -Still a nice looking car 17 years later -If you find a loaded Sebring with the Infinity radio system, it's really good -Very spacious seating -No seriously, it's back seat leg room is more than my Buick sedan... how is that possible?? -Pretty sharp handling for a larger sized vehicle -The Auto-stick feature is fun, and gives you more control of the gears CONS: -Timing belt on an interference engine...why...seriously.... -Not the best engine design in terms of user repair. -Odd electrical bugs here and there -Cheap plastic on the doors rattle with the radio turned up

Chrysler Sebring has flaws....

Roger Rabbit, 06/17/2002

We (my wife and I)feel the car is not a comfortable as we thought it was during the test drive. The seats are hard and the car sits too low for our comfort. The main problem we have had is in the transmission. Outside of the obnoxious clicking noise it makes while shifting (which the shop says is typical for Chryslers) it has hesitated time to time while shifting and accelerating. We had the transmission replaced after a month of ownership, but it still seems to be doing the same thing. I guess it's "just the way it is." So, if you want comfort and performance, DO NOT buy this car. If you want looks and style, it's the car for you.

From the showroom to the junkyard

Arthur Jacobs, 01/26/2016
JX 2dr Convertible

I bought my 99 Sebring JX in Aug,1998, Basically just routine maintenance first 90,000 mi. Oil every 3-4,000, tires every 30-40,000, battery every 5 yrs, replaced top after 13 yrs. alternator,spark plugs, and belts,including timing belt at around 90,000. Was starting to need new paint after 15 yrs,110,000 mi. clearcoat peeling & fading. Then my son had a Ford Excursion back over him, bending front radiator support et all & pinching/twisting front sub frame, so off to the Junkyard. I loved that car, fun to toss around, like a 4 passenger go cart. It's not a Porsche, or a Jaguar, but it doesn't have the Initial buy in or upkeep cost either. Absolutely marvelous for a top down cruise along the coast, just don't forget to rub the sunscreen onto your scalp. I averaged around 26 mpg all around forever, but then I like to take all the ponies out for a romp at every opportunity! I'm currently looking for a replacement. It has to be a 97-2000 Sebring, I havent seen anything else that looks so right, and still seats 4 in comfort, top up or down.

Decent car

brier94_um33, 04/03/2012

Compared to the other cars that you could get for the same price with a convertible top and all the features this car comes with, its almost unbeatable...almost. Unless you can do your own work or have a second car to drive while your Chrysler Sebring is in the shop, I would recommend looking around before you buy this car. This is an unreliable car and will need serviced more then you may like. The good side of that is replacement parts are cheap and easy to find. For the people that do their own work, you may need to try a few times to be able to get to where you need to be. Considering the front wheel drive, the engine compartment is very cramped. I still enjoyed my Sebring.

Great Convertible at north of 53 degrees

bms2, 11/07/2011

I bought a '99 Jxi in '02 with the idea of parking it in the winter. By Feb '03, my "winter" car crapped out so I started driving the Jxi year-round and 8 years later I still haven't stopped. I bought winter tires for it. They go on in November and off in March. So far, it has been running great. I put the top down as much as possible living in Edmonton, Canada and that adds up to maybe 100 times a year (May to September is great weather-warm and dry). 285,000km (178,000 miles). In 9 years, I've changed the timing belt, a few sensors, couple of headlights, a windshield and a ball-joint once. It has always handled great. I average about 9 litres/100km (26 mpg u.s.) but I'm a speed demon.

2nd Sebring

shayne3, 09/03/2011

My first Sebring was the convertible Custom. Loved that car. bought it with only 20,000 miles on it. My husband and I took long trips with it and I can honestly say that when my husband left me for my best friend; I wasn't thinking too9 clearly. I totaled it. That car SAVED my life. When it came time to get another car I immediately went in search for another one. I found one that had been maintained. It has 157,000 miles on it and many of the things that were someone else s were already done. It gets 35 mpg on the highway and mid twenties city. It does have electrical problems, but there tolerable. Trunk can decapitate you, and I need new struts. She does leak fluids at times.

not bad

male28, 03/08/2009

not a bad car at all. bought it with 95,000 miles have put 20,000 on it myself an it still hasnt left me stranded. isnt the fastest car in the world but from a rolling 35 itll pick up speed quick, youll be doing 90 n not even realize it, very smooth. im 6'3 an i have plenty of room, i just cant have anyone sit behind me. front wheel drive but stinks in the snow, great on wet roads. brakes and tranny are suspect, but nothing to make me want to get rid of it. i can honestly say ill probly have this car for a loooong looong time, even when the engine goes, ill put another 1 in it.

Fast & Smooth

miamah, 04/06/2014

I bought a JXI in 2008 and it has run beautifully in all sorts of weather. No snow, I live in the Sunbelt. Can cruise at better than 75 mph and still get over 30 mpg. For those that have problems with their dash lights, gauges, etc. I solved it easily by waiting for to warning bells to go off before cranking the starter. A few extra seconds and never had the problem again. Yes, I had to replace the trunk lift shocks, rear window motor, struts & bushings but for a 15 yr. old car I shouldn't complain. The car has beautiful styling and the original paint is as NEW!

Best Bang fot the BUCK!!!

dcumba, 06/28/2014

I purchased this car 6 months ago for only $900. I have driven this car daily since the purchase. 2 weeks after purchasing it, the transmission went into limp mode. I spent $300 purchasing a used transmission and another 300 to have it put in. I have not had any problems since then. There are other mechanical things that I need to fix, but these are things that were wrong with the car when I first purchased it. This car is amazing. I have not had a car that has been as economical, fun to drive, and reliable as this has been. The two mechanical problems that I spoke of earlier are the lower control arms for both driver and passenger side. There are no other problems with this car.

Never waste your money on this car

jazzielola, 12/04/2011

99 Chrysler sebring convertible never waste your money or time on this car, I bought this car with 150K miles October of 2010 and paid 5200$. Came December 2010 it needed freez plugs however when they took the motor out the mounts were so bad they fell apart(total cost 1900$). From January 2011 until December 2011 I have replaced brakes(more than once), timing belt, water pump, starter, battery(more than once), altinator, crankshaft sensor, coil pack, and rollers. Total cost for repairs and labor more than 3200$ I would NEVER get this car again nor recommend it to any one if you see a 99 Chrysler Sebring Convertible on a car lot run the other way. The only pro of this car is the body.

One of the best

Richard, 07/19/2009

I bought my first Chrysler product, a 1956 Plymouth convertible, in 1962 and but for two cars, a Triumph TR-4 and a Mercedes Benz, I've owned nothing but Chryslers since. My '99 JXi is one of the best I have ever owned, but my car must be a fluke. I've had none of the problems described by other owners and it now has 109,000 miles. The only repairs I've had to make were a catalytic converter due to a tank of bad gasoline and the A/C compressor at 100,000 miles. The top is still fine, the leather seats are pristine and the body is solid..... and it gets almost 35 MPG on the highway! But I take care of this car. I change oil every 3,000 miles and it received a full tune up at 100,000 miles.

The money pit

kimberly3720, 06/16/2011

I bought this car a year and a half ago, and this car has been nothing been a problem. Far as problems goes, water problems have been the most common. Far as reliabilty goes, this is not a reliable car.

Dream Car Sucks!!!!

guccigal34, 09/05/2004

purchased my dream car brand new in 99 and it has been a nightmare since. break problems(too many to count),panel probl, sensor probl,clear coat probl,cup holders brk, seat belt chokes, front end scrapes, etc

Great Convertible

tom, 09/25/2006

We've been on several 4K trips with this car, and it has been wonderful--- very comfortable and stable on long rides----top down is a blast!

Only car I have kept over 3 yrs

mmdean, 09/13/2011

My husband purchased my 99 Convert. for my birthday 7 yrs ago, used. I have put in a sensor, passenger power window, battery and thermostat. Absolutely the best vehicle I have ever owned and so fun to drive in season. I have stored mine in Wisconsin Winters, after my first winter. The handling in snow was not up to my standars, very light weight, but cannot wait to pull it out every spring. Tires are due for replacement and have been for 3 yrs. With summer driving I could put these off this long. With regular oil changes this has been the best car a woman could ask for! Trunk also needs new lift system, as water sits and does not drain out of that area. Tons of looks when i drive it

Too Many Problems

derek704, 02/26/2011

Bought the car used with 37,000mi on it CarMax 7 yrs ago. 2 years after purchase, we had a random transmission leak. Cost around $1500 to fix. 3 years ago the A/C suddenly stopped working in the middle of the summer. Spent many hours and over $300 getting the A/C fixed, and it just went out again today. Few years ago we smelled gas every time we got in, spent $200 to find out there was a gas leak above the tank?? And last summer the battery light came on and I was told the alternator was going bad. Spent $250 part and labor. 4 mos. ago dash gauges keep going dead w/ ABS light on and batt light. Replaced alt again $175. Now the 3rd one is bad w/ dead dash guages again, still cant fig. it out.

Great Sebring for me and two teenagers

socalangels, 08/14/2009

My 1999 Sebring jxi convertible was bought by me in 2000. I bought it used.It was a rental car for its first 17000 miles. I put 90,000 more miles on it and gave it to my daughter who put 20000 miles on it and now my 17 yr old son is driving it. Since my daughter now lives in Utah, my son and I picked it up from her in Salt Lake City and drove it back to Orange County California. It was 111 degrees as we drove through Las Vegas and the Mojave Desert. The air conditioning worked so well my son had to put a sweatshirt on in the car since I like it cold. We got 34 miles per gallon on the trip back! The car has been extremely dependable with no repairs other than routine maintenance!

Really Great. Sebring Haters are Crazy

shrambo, 01/23/2010

I got the car last year. It's my first car, and so far it's been great. It is 11 years old and still runs great. It gives you the illusion of a sports car and has decent performance. I raced a Jeep Grand Cherokee and smoked it. It's a little long (that's what she said) but I guess thats good because that means it's safer. My Sebring was in excellent condition until my stepdad backed into it and a ran into a minivan (two different accidents). But even through all that it runs fine. However, the passenger door is now jammed shut from the minivan.. The trunk doesnt stay up. The keys can be taken out while the engine's running. not sure if thats normal..

Fun to drive, but a hassle to maintain!

nikki73188, 05/17/2011

Bought this car used back in 08, and I loved it! It worked fine till about '09 when the A/C and Heat only would work on high, which was a pain in the winter. Tyrods have had to be replaced twice, motor mounts twice, and now the struts need to be replaced as well. Countless engine leaks, and too many electrical problems to count. The car leaks A LOT, and the mpg was great up until about last year. It's been a money pit the past few years and I cannot wait to get rid of it! As much as I love the convertible style, it's simply not worth it anymore! It spends more time in the shop than on the road, and even my mechanic is getting weary of working on it! I'll miss it, but my wallet sure won't!

Sebring convertible

Herman, 11/06/2003

A very fun car to drive. I have a new Caddi and a Tundra PU and when I go most anywhere the convertible is my choice of transportation. The only problem experienced is the heater blower fan needing repair.

SEbring 1999

John, 08/12/2006

Auto was ok except for rims. During the time I have owned the car I had to replace 7 rims.

LOVE the car, HATE the problems!!!

Amanda S, 08/29/2006

I bought the car at 63,000 miles and it was 4 years old. It was alright for the first 1 1/2 years. Besides all of the wear and tear, I have had 3 transmission problems (never had to replace it, but have come close to it), the AC AND heating unit doesn't work (I have to put it on full blast for anything to come out...the first 3 settings produce NOTHING), and for the past YEAR there is this annoying beeping sound that is CONSTANT!!! It's the beep that occurs when a door is open. I have to put my radio up OVER it...4 auto technicians said they won't touch it! While the beeping is going, the locks are going crazy, and at random times, the car alarm sets off! This all started at about 85k miles.

Don't Buy This Car "TROUBLE"

Sherrie, 11/09/2006

this car does not have good pick up, the brakes are horrible and have to be changed frequently,my car is loosing coolant from the radiator but there are no leaks, cannot figure out why. i got a raw deal on the paint job, the clear coat came off within the first 2.5 yrs of owning this car,my transmission went out on me at under 100,000 miles, the tires are very expensive and wear out too soon for the price you have to pay. my outside door handle came off for no reason. this car was made with very cheap,unreliable parts. dealerships are not nice. i would not recommend this car to anyone. in fact i will go out of my way to let people know the very poor quality of vehicles Chrysler makes.

a bit annoyed

angelasoup, 04/25/2009

Alright so I have read numerous reviews on here and I am here to report i've had almost every problem on the list. The door dinging noise while the vehicle is in motion and the lights flash. The car alarm going off randomly. To fix that I had to alter the speed of my blinkers. The car takes in water underneath the floor when it rains. The transmission fluid suddenly started leaking out of nowhere and my tranny started acting up yesterday. Hope to god i can fix that! Everything falls out of the cup holders and onto the floor. The dome lights never come on when the door is opened. The trunk will stay open on it's own for 30 seconds then fall on my head. The inside is uncomfortable and boring

It is fun to drive

kadelman, 02/15/2011

The driving fun ends quickly because you cannot keep the thing on the road. The tires are crappy in winter, the rims are horrendously expensive and you can bend them with your bare hands so be careful when changing a flat. The hubs will not come out of the steering knuckles even though they are threaded. To fix the belt you have to go in through the wheel well. I am a fairly competent average joe. I know what I am doing for all these little things. However on this car, it is built in such an obnoxious way that even the little things take 3-5 days to fix.

Stay away from this car

mikeson1, 03/02/2012

While the car may look great and fun to drive, it will always be in the shop. I have had the car in the shop 4 times, since I bought it 1 month ago. The car has been severely random misfiring and they have replaced the computer, spark plugs, valve cover, manifold, distrubuter, and they are now changing the EGR. In addition to this the car squeaks terribly at low speeds. Not only this the car has electrical problems, the cruise quit working, lights turn on and off when they want to and the remote keys only work when they want to any will randomly set the car alarm off. The car is not even junk yard worthy!!!

Incredable car!!!!!!

Lingenfelter09, 09/16/2009

I bought my car from an 80 year old lady who only drove the car a few times a month. When I got the car, it barely had 20,000 miles on it. The car itself ran a 9.8 on 1/4 mile. I've never had a single problem with it. I found if I keep up with the tune ups and what not, the car will do anything I ask it too. Although I keep the car in a heated/air conditioned garage 90 percent of the time, it is one of the greatest cars I have ever owned. If you're looking to buy a fast, fun, and all around amazing car. Buy a Sebring.

Sebring convertible

VCCole, 01/18/2008

I purchased this car as a former leased/rental vehicle in 2004, so it had probably been thrashed on. Considering that, it has performed pretty well.

Great ride and Fun to drive

Donk, 08/09/2002

This is a great car! Fun to drive, and handles great! If it just had a little more horse power, it would be perfect! By the way, my top is 4 years old, and it in great shape!

Stylish experience

Mopar, 08/11/2008

I originally wanted a Stratus R/T but ran across the sebring in the back of a lot so I took it. Iv had it for 2 years now and the only problem I have had with it (150,000 miles) is the sway bar bushings, lower ball joints and a small leak in the flex pipe. But it has 150,000 miles what do you expect? It doesn't have much power for a v-6 but I put a air intake, exhaust system and after market plugs and wires and I noticed a big difference. It sits low, seats are kinda hard, turning radius isn't perfect and there aren't 4 cup holders because it's a coupe sports car not a full size luxury car! It looks sharp, handles awesome, very reliable. Very happy I got it, love the looks I get from everyone.

No More Sebring

Goldie, 11/05/2008

I would have to agree with some of the reviews earlier. About a month after purchasing my Sebring I noticed black glue type stuff on side panels of the doors. I've taken it to the dealer on numerous occasions. The sad part is that they are unable to tell me what’s causing the problem. Since then every year I’ve been out of $100 or more on the following: catalyst converter, serpentine belts and currently it’s in the shop for a transmission repair. I find the car difficult in steering, very small cup holder and loud road noise. The tires on my car 17” quite expensive and only a few stores carry that particular size.

Fun 2 Drive

DCARR, 02/11/2009

I originally bought this car from the 2nd owner with 95K on it. I needed a second car to get me to/from my train station stop. I've only put about 10K on this car. Had some major problems with off with the distributor and the computer...replaced both at a cost of over $1500. Replaced the tires and did the front brakes. I passed it on to my son when he turned 17 and its a perfect vehicle for a high schooler. Looks sporty but the V6 is a bit under- powered, I feel confident there is enough weight to the vehicle in case he's in an accident. Overall, a good, but not great car. I like the era of Chrysler styling much more than their boxy macho lineup of today.

Too Many Electrical Problems

Erin, 11/11/2009

143K on my sebring Top and windows no longer go down. Gauges go in and out. Sometimes I will start the car and none of the electrical will go on-lights, radio, heat, headlights. ( Which is usually fixed by turning the car off and turning it back on) The only benefits of the Sebring are that they are cheap larger convertibles that are good for local driving or high school and college students. Not many problem with the engine and they get decent gas mileage about 20 MPG. Power steering makes noises even though fluid is not needed. If you are buying one I suggest getting the lowest mileage as possible because they really start going down hill around 120K.

Never Ending Problems

morgan, 04/17/2010

I had this car for a little over a year and had the following problems: the car alarm kept going off randomly as did the lights and beeping, the radiator had problems and the car kept overheating, it flooded in through the doors, the heat and AC only worked on the highest setting, and the break line burst. After all these problems, because off the flooding it was totaled due to an electrical fire. I will never buy a Chrysler again and would never recommend this car to anyone!

You can win Price is right.

buoyboy, 07/15/2010

The only good thing about this car is when the top is down, the drive is real nice. I have replaced every part of this car, towed three times and the list goes on. As I had to rely on mechanics for my fixes, the expense was couple of hundreds each month.

Have lots of fun with this car!

nanc-nees, 06/30/2002

Hubby & I have thoroughly enjoyed tooling around in this sports car! The front seats are a little hard but it is a sports car but could use a little more cushioning. This year still had no good placement for drinks. That has been fixed since I see. What sold me on the car is that the back seats fold down! This is great for transporting stuff even ladders!

My Sebring Coupe Lxi

Jeepchic620, 07/06/2002

The sebring really needs a more powerful engine to go with it's "powerful" look. Another thing that it really needs is better color scheme on the interior, My car has the black/beige interior. They just do not go together at all. The windows could use some color to them as well.

Bad top

SuperDaveOz, 07/18/2002

Convertible top thread used to sew top was coming undone after only 2 years. After 3 years it began to fall apart completely. Should have lasted longer.

Great car with room to share.

Ecommish, 08/10/2002

The Limited Convertible is great! The two-tone seats are always an attention grabber, and it is roomy enough for four adults. I have had no mechanical problems, and it drives like a larger car. The only draw backs are the gas mileage (especially with the gas prices being as high as they are), and visibility with the top up is hampered.

Chrysler jxi convert

herman, 09/07/2002

I own a 2002 Caddie, a 2002Dundra pickup and the Chrysler jxi convt and I enjoy driving the chrysler jxi the most

Solid, fun-to-drive & not a single prblm

Doctor P, 10/15/2002

I drove some sporty cars with good gas mileage in the past (Sunbird, Saturn SC), but there was always a prblm of no room in the back seat for adults.So I tried my 1st convertible, the Sebring, mainly because it had a back seat big enough for adults, & still looked sporty. Consumer Reports had it rated only 'average', but I've been pleasently surprised -- it's a solidly built car with upper 20's MPG (mixed highway/city)that has run w/o even a hint of a problem.

Report at 78000 miles

insureyourself, 10/23/2002

Have driven this vehicle to 78,000 miles -- it has been problem free. Excellent economy when you drive the speed limit. Great heater and AC. Following the maintenance schedule -- change oil at 7,500 mile intervals -- no need to do more frequently if you use quailty filters and oil. Wonderful ride w/ top down. Very good ride with the top up. If you want a convertible for grown-ups, this is the car.

love the car, hate the brakes

sleepy, 10/16/2002

Love the car, enjoy driving it, but hate the brakes. Brakes started squeaking very soon after I purchased it (it was new) and have now been replaced twice. Car gets good gas mileage and has otherwise been very reliable. I'll probably keep it for at least another couple of years. Just please, Chrysler, fix the brakes! And make it a little easier to turn (semis make u-turns better).

My Sebring

barbara210, 10/08/2002

If you can't fly a plane or surf in the ocean, a convertable is the next best thing. After I bought this I thought I'd better put the top down as often as the weather allows me or it won't be worth the extra money I paid to have a convertable. It was worth it. I love the feeling of the air and openess.

Sebring LXI

anne, 11/18/2002

One thing I notice is it is inconvient to put a CD into the playerwhen the car is in park or reverse There is not enough room meaning you have to move around the gear shift.Nocup holders, seats hard. hard to seeout of rear window due to the rear coming up to high.1 cupholder that the car did offer fell apart.At 65k I notice the trasmission to be "slipping".It doesn't seem to shift correctly.the passanger door needs to aligned which could cost $300it doesnt shut right when the window is up.BIG PROBLEM window needs to be down in order to close properly. Does the sensor in the rear view mirror really work?

Anne's review

Anne, 02/14/2008

I had my Sebring for several years, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I got as much as 36 miles to the gallon (and yes, that's 36) and around town consistently got in the low 20's. We added a member to our family and decided to go with a larger vehicle, so the Sebring got traded in 2006. I miss it, and would have another in a heartbeat!

I Hate This Car !

M&M , 11/26/2002

I hate to say it but this is the worst car I've ever owned. The front end is way too low... bottom out everywhere. Both door handles have fallen off @ different times. Had transmission problem with a computer chip in 1st. year. Paint on molding has faded to dull grayish/black. Power windows seem to "stick" sometimes and just won't open. The worst was when a black tar- like substance started leaking from inside the doors. The dealer repaired it, TWICE! Then I had to demand new floor mats because that junk got on my mats. I go through tires like crazy!

Good For Me

Joker, 01/09/2003

I like the car alot - Doesnt have as many standard features as I would like in the LX model but is alot of fun to drive!

IMPECCABLE CONVERTIBLE

BarbiePrincessM, 07/15/2003

I have owned a number of vehicles, but nothing has surpassed by '99 jxi convertible. The interior design is ingenius along with the attractive exterior. extremely reliable, was never in the shop. could not have asked for a better automobile.

Love my LXi

Mackerz22, 02/23/2003

I absolutely love my Sebring LXi, it is a lot of fun to drive and handles well. It gets great milleage on the highway and in town. Plus I love the sporty look Chrysler has given the LXi.

51050