Used 2006 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:

sporty vehicle but with problems
By Clyde Bailey

2006 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This model car has a history of electrical problems, and mine is no exception. I've spent over $4000 trying to solve one problem that it still has--it frequently won't start on the first try--turn the key and you get nothing--no lights, no sounds, no start. I've replaced every item in the starting system without changing the no-start situation. Hot/cold weather, long-term parking, frequent use, all have no effect on the starting problem. I've discovered that when it won't start (about one time in a half-dozen attempts), pumping the clutch 2-3 times usually solves the problem. Twice I've gone outside and found the flashers working on the left side of the car without being turned on. Had to disconnect the battery.

2006 Crossfire
By shypoke

2006 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent car for a two seater. Get a seat cushion for long trips if your back end is bony like mine. Use high-heel gel pads for your elbows (at the obvious places). I looked at lots of this type of car... wouldn't have anything else.

The pop-up airfoil is too cute. It has a great line.

Sorry to see them stop building them.

Kim's dream realized
By Kim's dream

2006 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I began my quest for a sports car in the fall of 07 and was sold and ready to buy a Saturn Sky when a friend suggested that I give the Crossfire a try Thank God for suggestions, the car is such a great ride. Driving this car is like becoming part of the vehicle, you become one with the seat and thus the car itself. I am so glad I found this vehicle. The car is a brand new 2006 with 13 miles on it and I have only had it for 2 weeks but the car is sexy, curvy,sleek and so retro in design. I love this car and I absolutely love driving it. It is a true head turner. Thanks for the dream come true.

Manual six speed transmission, heated power seats, so nice on the cool mornings Sexy, cocky, look of the exterior design great lighting design Crossfire gear is very nice plus for travel Thanks Chrysler.

Improve the quality of the dash/console, maybe use same brushed metal as in the door handles for the console or wood grain type material,but really needs dash upgrade current one is cheap looking

Love this eyecatcher
By Michele

2006 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is fun to drive and absolutely beautiful to look at. I feel like a million bucks behind the wheel.

The exterior is gorgeous, and I like the retractable wing.

None. Expect a smaller car and no expectation will not be met.

A supercar for most folks
By Johnnie Mack

2006 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Coming up on a year with this car, and have had nothing but good experiences. No glitches, just a nice commuter vehicle for my wife and I. Very nimble, and fast enough to suit me-the numbers suggest it will accelerate as fast as my old '89 Trans Am, but I'm out of the "rat race". Tires are still in very good shape, and just 2 oil changes for maintenance. A few negs-the seat is probably better in the Limited model, so maybe a retro fit is in order-this one generates complaints from my lovely wife of 31 years. And the radio is annoying. As we know now, the car has been killed by the new Chrysler. I guess a notchback version with a removeable window is out of the questions now, eh?

The "countdown to service" indicator takes the guesswork out of wondering when to change the 8 quarts of oil in this crankcase-a great feature for aging codgers like myself.

A better seat, a better radio, standard fog lights and TPMS