Used 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:

Stevie Ray Vaughan would love this car
By Chris Vann

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Caught in the Crossfire... those words have been playing repeatedly along with the heavily blues laden guitar riffs of the great Stevie Ray Vaughan. I bought this car to replace a well worn Toyota Highlander. I wanted something fun to drive and a C5 or C6 Corvette was just out of range for my cash on hand. I happily stumbled across a 2004 Crossfire in Amethyst Silver metallic and fell in love immediately. She used to be somebody's baby, and was turned out of her warm garage into the harsh desert sun for unknown shortcomings. They must have just fallen out of love, hey, it happens. She was dirty, her boot filled with the random flotsam and jetsam of life including uncashed checks and dirty socks. A few hours of derailed cleaning, a good scrubbing, and she was shining like a diamond in a goats ass. She just needed someone to love her again and she has responded accordingly. This car is truly a blast to drive. The 6 speed transmission is easy to work, clutch throw and pressure are exactly right on and the cockpit is laid out finer than your church clothes on a Saturday night. It is my first German car I have ever owned and it just makes sense, frightening really how much it makes sense. The only drawback I have discovered this far is my golf clubs do not fit in the boot. I have not come up with a solution, I'm considering building a small trailer that looks like mini Crossfire that would hold my clubs, cool and functional. I am averaging 25.8 mpg with the a/c on full blast, and a couple of quick jaunts at just over the speed limit. I do recommend using the cruise control on the highway, it is way too easy to lose yourself in the guitar riffs coming out of the speakers and allow your right foot to rest heavily on the responsive accelerator. Day by day,night after night,
Blinded by the neon lights.
Hurry here, hustlin' there,
No one's got the time to spare.
Money's tight, nothin' free,
Won't somebody come and rescue me?
I am stranded, caught in the crossfire
Stranded, caught in the crossfire.

Tooth for tooth, eye for an eye.
Sell your soul just to buy, buy, buy.
Beggin' a dollar, stealin' a dime,
Come on can't you see that I
I am stranded ,caught in the crossfire
I am stranded, caught in the crossfire.

I need some kind of kindness, some kind of sympathy oh, no
We're stranded, caught in the crossfire

Save the strong lose the weak,
Never turning the other cheek.
Trust nobody don't be no fool,
Whatever happened to the golden rule?

First Car
By na

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Looking for a low cost third vehicle...yes I am now father of the year. 2005 Coupe limited with 59,000 miles, $6800. Awesome car...very practical...yes practical... 90% of the time I am driving a $60,000 truck to work...when I can drive this baby... Love the car...28 MPG...quick...not fast... very sweet. ride.

CROSSFIRES ARE GREAT!!
By Rich Bridenstine

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my wifes car and she loves it!! Can't sell it, she won't let me. I think it will be a long term collectors car. Low volume , great style!

2005 Crossfire Coupe Limited is AWESOME
By mycrossie

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my car since last year. I take it to a German auto shop since all the parts are Mercedes Benz. It has only needed oil changes. Mine has only 34,000km, not miles, on it...so about 20,000 miles. Not only is it fun to drive but I get compliments on it wherever I go. People want to know what it is! I think Chrysler/Daimler made a big mistake when they quit making these cars, but on the other hand, mine is or will be a collector car. It is in excellent condition and it is better looking and faster than anything on the road. It was made in Germany and can do the autobahn with speed and agility. I'd buy two of these cute cars if I could afford to. They are great cars! Good on gas too.

Where to start? Seating comfy. Gauges easy to read. Steering is terrific. Body style is unique and contrary to what wikipedia says, it DOES NOT in any way resemble a Rambler Marlin!! lol, that was the stupidest comment I have ever seen and it should be removed. This car is small and easy to get around. I like the spoiler that goes up automatically at specific speeds or you can disable that feature. Heated seats are great in a cold climate. Sure footed little car, great brakes, all Benz inside. Who cares if it has a Chrysler logo on the front/back? Those who know, know that the car is 99.9% Mercedes Benz. Chrysler does not know how to work on a German import. I love everything about this car.

Not one that I can think of. Really. This car is a little speed demon and you cannot get the tires to squeal at any speed. How many cars can claim that? Suggest you improve the knowledge base of some people who do/did write ups on this little car, like Top Gear who are not Mercedes Benz oriented, being Brits. This is a true sports car and has true sports car handling. Watch some links about it on youtube for timed laps...it can beat the pants off of many other cars....260km clocked on timed lap and it rides and steers like a dream. What's to improve?? lol

I love this car!!!
By carjunkie66

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

For the pice this has been a dependable Gunnar to drive. Nothing ever goes wrong with it. It is very peppy, handles well and gets folks to look at you when you drive by. Oil changes are a little high, but you only need to get one or two per year.
I would recommend this car to any that are looking for a reasonably priced "fun" car that will cost little in maintenance

Reliable, speedy, fun, cool looking

More comfortable seats.