Used 2009 Chrysler Aspen SUV Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chrysler Aspen SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspen model:

Loves the SUV. But....
By Fiona

2009 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had the car 4 days and took it to Tampa Florida and only got 100 miles when my whole car cut off..scared me to death...I don't know what happened. pulled over turned it off and it seems to be OK so far. Has this happened to anyone else.please someone help me.

VCT Hemi Aspen. 376hp/401tq. AWD
By car_enthusiast

2009 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Edmunds should have the option of selecting the vct hemi aspen in the menu. The vct stands for variable cam timing. This SUV is fast, especially in cooler temps and is a huge improvement over the first generation hemi. It's an excellent SUV: it's safe, the interior layout is perfect,
the steering is light but feels great, it's quiet when you're cruising but really roars when you give it a few or more rpms. MPG can be good when you're cruising at highway speeds but watch out for stop and go traffic - then it's a different story altogether. Reliability has been great so far. Also, these are incredibly rare to see. A complaint I have is that there is not a single hemi badge on the suv!!

Sport sedan acceleration, sound of the hemi, the traditional suv looks, the great feeling knowing you're one of the very few people driving these anywhere.

The Beast
By rock47

2009 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned an Aspen for 4 years now and it's been nothing but the best for me. I think the middle row has plenty of room and the seats lay back giving you more room. The third row is a little snug but don't anyone sit back there but the kids. I don't know what Aspen anyone else is driving but my Aspen rides smooth!. If I had to say anything bad about it I would say the price of the Aspen is a little steep! and the gas mileage could be a little better. The other sad part about it is they don't make it anymore and I don't wont to go back to a car.

My favorite features of the Aspen is the touch screen radio and the rear cam and I also like the running boards on the truck.

I think the should bring the Aspen back at the same size and make the gas mileage better on it. I know we are trying to make the cars and trucks smaller to have better gas mileage but some people are bigger then others and cant fit in little cars and trucks. I'm a big guy not fat guy!!

Nice Vehicle
By Nice Vehicle

2009 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the dealer demo in Jan. 09 and received an AMAZING deal for what we got. I love all the neat accessories like remote start, heated seats, anti roll, and all those other features you don't even know you have. Have had some issues with the roof racks warping and wind noise. Took to the dealership and they did not take care of issue. Thankfully there is another dealership in the area we can take it for service. We just had a blizzard and the car did EXCELLENT on the snow and ice.

You get a lot for the money. Remove start, backseat TV, wood trim, heated seats, not to mention all the safety features like anti-roll, skid and brakes to name a few.

Lots of wind noise, but i think it is fixable, more leg room in 2nd row. When the 4 wheel lock is engaged it feels like something is rubbing on the tires, but it could be normal. I have never owned a four wheel drive vehicle.

Great Vehicle for the Money
By Stan in Texas

2009 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We actually wanted to buy a Tahoe, Yukon or Expedition. However, a comparably equipped Chrysler Aspen was about $12K less. That's a lot of money, so we went with the Aspen. I've never been a Chrysler fan, but I am willing to give them a shot. I think Edmunds was too hard on the Aspen in their review. So far (2100 miles) we LOVE our Aspen. This is a leftover 2009 model and the dealer ship was REALLY dealing. They knocked $11K off the sticker price and gave us $3K more than we owed on our 2007 Explorer.

Chrome wheels, reclining second row bucket seats, Hemi engine, Navigation system, leather and suede upholstery, power rear door hatch, unique styling. I love the wood trim and the wood steering wheel. Access to third row seats is very easy. I think the whole package is rather elegant.

Better fuel efficiency would be nice, but when you buy a full size SUV you know you aren't getting super gas mileage. Plastic on interior doors is somewhat cheap looking. Leg room in second row is somewhat tight.