Used 1999 Chrysler 300M Sedan Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chrysler 300M Sedan Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (105 reviews )

Fast with Class
By Jason

1999 Chrysler 300M Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought Car with 185,000 miles. It had overheated and had a rebuilt engine. It ran terrible and the check engine light was on. I purchased and installed new brakes, a MAP sensor, a throttle position sensor, oil change and repaired some shotty wiring. Also many cosmetic items like floor mats and seat covers as the leather was ruined. This car is alive and well and ready to go another 100k. Plenty of torque and a smooth shifting transmission. The inside is as comfortable as a lazy boy and the AC is cold. Its now almost twenty years old but doesnt look out of style at all. Everything is electric but the heated seats no longer work.

Love this car!
By Charlotte Hooper

1999 Chrysler 300M Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have always owned a truck,so i was a little hesitant about a car. But this car is the first and last one i will own, i do not want another unless it's the same car. I love everything about it. I honestly can't say enough about this car except if you get a chance to get one, DO IT! You will love it too!

A classic beauty!
By Melvin Walker

1999 Chrysler 300M Sedan 4dr Sedan

The passenger side dashboard will crack above the location of the airbag.

Electrical Ghost Cost me serious money...
By mjanssen

1999 Chrysler 300M Sedan 4dr Sedan

I loved this car, my kids loved this car, I enjoyed driving it...I hated giving it up!

I was nickled and dimed with the windows and some other small electrical issues and the shifter had to be fixed as well and the air conditioner as well.

But the killer was I lost my shirt when it just didn't start up or started up real ugly one day...never drove it again after spending THOUSANDS on "Well, it must be this" and "well, we'll try this"...it got so bad the dealership actually did most of the work at the end for free and brought in a professional who was baffled as well.
A friend finally told me to dump it and go on from there...he was right. The ghost won on this one!

LOVED DRIVING THIS, it was a great, comfortable and classy ride.

It ws close to the ground and a little hard to get in and out of..and I beleive they straightened out the electrical issues on the newer models

Will it be a classic?
By jefe4x4

1999 Chrysler 300M Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought in 1998 and had problems with the sound system right off. Finally replaced the whole sys. on warranty and worked fine after that. At 140K mi. it's as good as ever. Replaced frnt. tie rods @102K; the radiator @ 135K mi. I like the car, and I don't like most of the cars I've owned. It is our 'summer' car now as we live in snow country and with 4" of clearance it's not going to push snow like our Jeep, although the limited slip frnt diff works well on snow. It's not worth anything and just keeps going and going so we'll keep it till it stops moving. We try to keep it up as I'm thinking more and more like this will be a Mopar classic. We won't live long enough to know, however.

It is a great car for long car trips. Seats are very comfortable. Me thinks because of the arrow shape of the body, it gets very good mpg even at speed. Our average mileage @ 75 mph is 28 mpg. Huge trunk. Seats 5 big people easily. We ordered it without the sun roof. With the s. roof, it was too low for a tall person driving.

Battery is in an awkward place. small plastic interior parts break easily.