Used 2015 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews

Base 0-cyl. Hybrid 1-speed Direct Drive - (18 reviews )

My last car was a Bolt
By Maggie Ketcham

2015 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Electric is the future. Plug in hybrid is now.

Volt is a great car in many ways
By Gary H

2015 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Gen 1 Volt (mine was 2015) is very good Gen 2 great. I really enjoyed the 2015 Volt. Overall very good with some minor quirks such as the interface with the electronics and the navigation which are not well designed, but those seem resolved in next gen Volt starting in 2016. The car has excellent acceleration when in electric mode, a nice ride and is comfortable and mostly fun to drive. Maintenance is minimal when you mostly use electric mode. I got overall average of 138 miles to the gallon, and I used electric about 75% of the time. My home electric bill went up, of course, but not significantly. Negatives include rear exterior styling which is a bit clunky, interface with the on-board systems and navigation/traffic which was not very useful in traffic congestion. With the carpool lane sticker and state and federal rebates, you cannot beat this car in my opinion. If you want high luxury its not for you, but its not stripped down either, it has just enough comfort features. The next gen Volt, is even much more amazing.

volt, like it a lot
By Dick Henningsen

2015 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

They much charge it to get the best value. Your value will come from not having to pump gas or pay that ever increasing price. My Volt has averaged over 61 miles per gallon of gas used. When I run on gas only I average over 35 miles per gallon. My real value comes comes from my solar system which covers the charging charge from the electric company.

Great car
By Jim

Great car poorresale

Had it for 6 months now and love it
By Jim H

2015 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

This is amazing. I have spent 23 dollars in gas for 6 months. I just went in for my service and free tire rotation. Great car fun to drive. Love not using gas. I drive 15 miles 1 way to work and another 15 miles back, and dont have to worry about running out of electric power.