Used 2015 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews

Base 0-cyl. Hybrid 1-speed Direct Drive - (16 reviews )

volt, like it a lot
By Dick Henningsen

2015 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

They much charge it to get the best value. Your value will come from not having to pump gas or pay that ever increasing price. My Volt has averaged over 61 miles per gallon of gas used. When I run on gas only I average over 35 miles per gallon. My real value comes comes from my solar system which covers the charging charge from the electric company.

Great car
By Jim

Great car poorresale

Had it for 6 months now and love it
By Jim H

2015 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

This is amazing. I have spent 23 dollars in gas for 6 months. I just went in for my service and free tire rotation. Great car fun to drive. Love not using gas. I drive 15 miles 1 way to work and another 15 miles back, and dont have to worry about running out of electric power.

One year review with second Volt
By Brian

2015 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

This is my second Volt after owning a red 2012 Volt for 3 and a half years, 50K miles, and no issues. The 2015 is almost identical, everything works as expected. Some people don't like the capacitive buttons on the dash, but I don't mind, they wear very well. The car itself wears very well, maintains its appearance as long as you give it proper attention. Like most people, I usually go over a thousand miles on a tank of gas, most of the time more. My work location has a charging station so no additional cost in electricity at home, nice perk. If you are worried about reliability, don't be, the car goes forever, battery will probably last over 200K miles, and electric motor I read is good for 600K miles. Safety is also top notch (5 stars).

Much Better Than Expected
By Ricky Moore

2015 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

First US - Built car I have purchased since 1975. Great ride, very comfortable, good vision, just a little tight vision to the rear like most cars, mirrors take care of that problem; would like the mirrors like Fords have.\. Smooth shifting, no interior noise , very quick acceleration and braking. Handles well and sticks to the road, very predictable where it's heading. Instrumentation is logical and easy to reach while driving. Could use additional glovebox./storage. Rear seating may be a little tight for larger adults, front seats have massive room and great headroom. I do not have the navigation system so no real rating. At 35K miles no repairs so far. Too bad Chevy will stop building in 2020; I would plan to replace this one at 100K miles if available.