Used 2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

The Comfort of a Luxury Vehicle
By Sailingsoon

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this vehicle new for $18K when GM was offering great rebates- what a bargain! In 2003 we purchased a TB for my daughter and were impressed by the ride and ease of parking and handling. The reliability of her TB was OK, but not stellar. In 90,000 miles she had to have the fan clutch replaced, a passenger side power window replaced at her cost and had some initial warranty problems with door seals and taillights. I read where GM later changed the type of fan clutch and solved that problem.

Smooth ride, better than most luxury cars. This is the easiest vehicle to park in tight places we have ever owned. My wife and daughter love to drive this vehicle. OnStar is a great safety feature that gives added security on out of town trips and came free for 1yr. Towing package came standard.

Gas mileage is not great, but what was expected (16-17 city, 22 on mostly interstate trips). However, I have a boat and trailer and like the towing capacity and performance. Would not want to give this up for a little better mileage. The base model radio is marginal. Overall, GM canned a winner.

No room it the back
By Kaye

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This has always been a dream vehicle until we bought it. The vehicle is very comfortable except the backseat which is very uncomfortable and no room. There is no extras it is only basic inside.

I love the drive and handling of the vehicle. The room is good except for the backseat.

More room in backseat, something like the Equinox with the moveable forward and backward back seat and the tilt backs of the seat.

Not sure I want another Chevrolet
By cottonqueen

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After owning a 2002 TrailBlazer, decided to get a new one. Boy was that a mistake. I loved it for the first 2 1/2 months. Then the stabilization light came on, got it fixed then check engine light came on. The nightmare begins, took in 12/27/08 and as of this date 2/24/09 I still have not gotten it fixed. They cannot get a torque converter. They say that is my problem. If they cannot get that part, what is to say they can get any other part that breaks! I am begining to hate Chevy. Paying for something, I cannot drive!

An Excellent Affordable SUV!
By Kansas Sunflower

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Since buying this vehicle I have driven it in town, on highways, in mud, in sand, in snow, and some on ice. Much of the driving has been a combination of city and highway, but it has been on one trip of about 2000 miles. The performance has been great and the overall mileage has been better than I expected. Most city driving yields about 15-16mpg and most highway driving has yielded 19-20 mpg. However, during the 2000 mile trip the TrailBlazer (6 cylinder) got 23 mpg at times with an overall average of 21 mpg for the trp. This is a very comfortable vehicle to drive and to ride as a passenger. It has not given me any problems so far.

Great ride, plenty of power, good looking vehicle, very dependable

A five or six speed transmission with the same engine might improver overall mileage.

Love my TrailBlazer!
By New chevyowner

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After being a 25 year Ford customer and having a dismal experience with my last Explorer, I decided to make the switch to a Chevy. Wow what a difference, I should have done it years ago. The TrailBlazer is as beautiful as the Explorer, with a much smoother ride. I can't feel every little crack in the road like with the Explorer, the transmission is superb with none of the problems I experienced from day one with the horrible Explorer transmission (so far, I haven't had it long). Chevy offers the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty which tells me that they put alot of confidence in their product.

Love the seatbelts, they are lower and don't dig into my neck. Love the adjustable drivers seat, (I didn't know a driver's seat could be so comfortable) the XM radio, and one year free OnStar!

I have noticed the cargo area isn't as roomy as my '04 Explorer's, also the middle console is quite a bit smaller. Minor issues though, considering the problems I had with the Explorer. I will take a little less room any day over cracked pieces, peeling paint, and clunky transmission!