Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 179 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

A gentle giant...
By TinyHooman

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Trailblazer in 2016... When my first car bit the dust, I was devastated. I drove a little Escape til it croaked. So, when I was looking for a new vehicle, I was at first intimidated by this giant gold nugget that was called a Trailblazer... It seemed big! Powerful! And, again, really, really big. But this truck handles so well, and is such a smooth, comfortable ride. The visibility is great, especially given its size. My worries were put at ease as soon as I took off on a test run. This truck, despite running 6 cylinders, is silent from the inside. Two years, and about 40,000 miles later, now at almost 170,000, it's grown on me, and still, runs silent. Only time you hear the truck is when you hear it's power. Also, a great off-roader. Really does blaze a trail.

Treated like Trump
By John

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Trailblazer in 2006, a year old from Hertz. It was a rental. The reviews were terrible. I checked it out and thought is was pretty good. I bought it. Twelve years later and over 122,000 miles it is still great. On line people still bash the Trailblazer, but with routine maintenance and what I consider normal repairs for any vehicle as it ages, the Trailblazer is still great. At one time I thought my transmission was going bad, but I did my research and come to find out it was only the throttle body. Replacing the throttle body is easy and cheap. Can be done for less than 200 dollars and about 20 minutes. I watched a you tube video and did it myself. I'm not a mechanic. After reading all the horror stories of people buying new transmissions and still having troubles, I think they got taken advantage of by their mechanics. These people then go online and blame the Trailblazer. This is not the fault of the Trailblazer. Also, my Trailblazer survived three teenage sons learning to drive and then abusing the heck out of it when they went solo. I have nothing but admiration for my Trailblazer.

gas and money hog. no resale value.
By rachel

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

i have owned for 3 years bought with 60k miles replaced almost all of the front suspension, pads and rotors twice. major electrical problems fuses keep blowing for no reason along with the wiring for the heater panel. would not recommend.

Working with the tried and true
By Chuck

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this '05 Trailblazer as a replacement vehicle. Found it online at an area Chevrolet dealership. This particular truck has aged well, only 92K miles on the odometer, not a scratch and was taken care of by the previous owner. An LS model, with the Bose stereo, 6-disc CD changer, sliding sunroof, so there's a nice couple of options on it. I used to own an '07 Trailblazer and had a very good experience with it. The 4.2L Vortec -6 is plenty strong enough to suit my purposes, albeit it can seem a bit thirsty if you're not careful and a little heavy on the throttle. All-in-all, a good value with some good features for it's time. Hope to get similar results from this one like the old one.

I love, love this vehicle!
By Edie Churich

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A great vehicle, I would buy another just like it!