2021 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $316
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Wait it out

HustleJE, 11/12/2020
Premier 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

Purchased a 2021 Tahoe Premier in early October, it has already been in the shop once and is about to go back in. With this new model, there are several issues and bugs already popping up. The first issue we had was an improperly installed front bumper sensor that was not seated flush on the bumper. When you pushed it with your finger, it pushed all the way into the bumper. Chevy had to rip off a bumper from another Tahoe on the lot to install on mine. This week, we have received two error messages on the dashboard: - "Service Safety Restraint System" - "Check Reverse Lamp" when putting vehicle in reverse. I called our dealer and this is a known issue with the 2021's. We are now working on a gameplan to get these issues, plus 1 other bulletin/recall related to the braking system resolved. While I love the interior and exterior look of the new Tahoe, I'd wait for these current and future bugs to be resolved. This is by far the worst experience I've had with a brand new car.

Total LEMON!!!

Barry Burks, Little Rock Arkan, 01/22/2021
LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

Bought 2 months ago. Been in shop 1 month. 9 problems after driving off the lot!!! 2021 Tahoe: 1. Brakes recall 2. Key fob not found while driving 3. Right rear door handle cable broken 4. Service Safety Restraint System light on 5. Steering column box replaced 6. Rear power outlet not working 7. Title or vin number incorrect. Shows preowned!! 8. Rear window sensor out 9. Rear wipers don't work RIDICULOUS!!!!

2021 Tahoe RST Engine Failure

Shae , 03/18/2021
RST 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

We purchased our 2021 Tahoe RST in November. This SUV is babied more than my toddler. We absolutely love everything other than the completely useless Rear Entertainment System. Also, the fact that you are “sold” all of these features such as Navi, two screen rear-entertainment, etc. but then to use the features, it’s an ONStar monthly costs as well to have the word-if, certain packages, etc. The entertainment does not use Apple Car Play. You pretty much have to use a Firestick, USB of movies, etc. to utilize it. If you don’t turn off the option where your car doesn’t cut off when it’s stopped it will reset the devices at every red light. This feature has to be turned off every time you start the car. So, we opt to use the iPads instead. Total waste of money there. However, we love our Tahoe in spite of those things UNTIL YESTERDAY. We have less than 6400 miles in it. We were going about 30 minutes up the road and 10 minutes into our drive the vehicle started to pop. Then it started to shake. Then it started to miss. It went from our new car feel to a log truck in less than 5 minutes. We finally make it to the dealership and they tell us it’s not driveable. The lifter in Cylinder 4 isn’t working period. The emissions light went off. The traction system went off. Just about every sensor on the truck went crazy. I’m not sure how long it’s going to be in the shop. They put me in an Equinox loaner car which is equally infuriating. It’s very concerning, at best, to be having major engine problems at less than 6500 miles on a $70k vehicle. Stay tuned.

Ad
Build Your Tahoe
At a Glance:
  • 8 Colors
  • 7 Trims
  • $53,800starting MSRP
Build & PriceChevrolet.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges. Some colors are extra cost. See dealer for details.

Many Malfunctions with NO resolutions

cwilliams00, 01/28/2021
LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

Let me start off by saying I Love Tahoes and have purchased 4 and traded in my 2017 for the newly 2021 model. My truck had been in the shop 8 times to say it took 45 days to get here because it was in quality assurance. I understand the recalls as they come with any vehicles, especially new ones. However, my constant problem has been with the engine light coming on every day, and I purchased my vehicle in September and still do not have inspection sticker due to this. Secondly, my head rest have been replaced and fixed 3x but every time the seats go down, they break (back seats). My biggest problem, I see where many have complained about the malfunctions within the screen/car play/blue tooth. The screen occasionally goes black, gets stuck and does not work. I have had it to loose sound, to include radio. During calls, the other calls and yourself will sound like a robot, whether or not it is connected by Bluetooth or through the aux plug. Personally, I hold so many conference calls while on the road or driving for my business. Its a big problem when you cant do this hands free. I have never encountered this problem with any of my other tahoes. I have been able to record all of this and have sent it to the shop 8 times, but they can only send a complaint to GM hoping many will complain enough for GM to replace. If not, I am stuck with the problem for no telling how long.

Electrical issues

Carrie W., 03/12/2021
LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

I bought a 2021 Tahoe in November and dropped it off today (for the 5th time) for electrical work. Problems with infotainment/radio/dash, etc. upon first visit (two days after purchase) the deal said there was no issue. Second time they said a radio was needed. Third visit replaced the radio. Fourth time they replaced the amplifier. Fifth visit brake light and radio will not turn off with the car. This is my first (and last) Chevy purchase. With the cost of this vehicle there should be no issues. This should not be in the shop and unrepairable. Experts from GMC should not have to be called to diagnose problems the 5th time. How many chances does one need? Car goes in with one problem, comes out with two. Just so disappointed with this purchase and experience I highly suggest you ask/research before you buy. It’s beauty isn’t worth the inconvenience and time.

12345...9