2017 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Internet Diamond
By TPorter

2017 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Premier 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this Tahoe off the internet sight unseen as I live in Phoenix and the Tahoe was in Maryland. The purchase price was below the Phoenix local market and worth paying the shipping fee. I trusted the dealer to disclose any damage so I could make an informed decision as to what repairs it may need. The Tahoe is a 2017 with only 5800 miles so I figured how much damage could there be. Mechanically it is fine. However the Tahoe’s short life as a rental took its toll. Some of the trim was damaged and the DVD player was missing. This was not mentioned by the salesman. When the Tahoe arrived I discovered the damage and was somewhat disappointed. I paid about $600.00 to have the damaged parts replaced. I still need to purchase a new DVD but for now that can wait. Even with the initial disappointment. The Tahoe is a beautiful truck and a pleasure to drive

Our 5th Tahoe
By Amy W

2017 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

We love these trucks! Having driven its Dodge and Ford counterparts, there is simply no comparion. In my opinion, the Tahoe handles and rides more like a car than its competitors. We love the design, the power, the utility, the comfort, and the minimal maintenance that comes with the Tahoe. This is our 5th. We have never had an issue with any of our Tahoes, and hope our good fortune continues. I cannot see ourselves without one. We're a family of two, but we've always had large dogs - and the Tahoe is a perfect fit for all of us.

SADD Chevy!
By Reaux Terry

2017 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Been having my 2016 year and half. Nothing but problems. After 8 months car wouldn’t start had to call triple A and get jumpstart several times. Chevy said bad battery but wanted me to pay. Next automatic lift gate stop working, had repaired and stop working again. Next touchscreen stop responding to touch. Next air condition vents keep popping out in backseat area. NOW air conditioner is blowing hot air! Soo angry!! Buyer Beware!!

Nice, but choose options carefully
By Jeff K

2017 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I had, and loved, a 2007 GMC Yukon years ago, and recently traded my 2014 Durango with loads of miles for this Tahoe. I love the exterior appearance. The front and middle seats are SUPER comfy, but the third row sits too close to the floor to accommodate anyone but kids.

I don’t mind the trade off of the truck ride for the truck capability, but wouldn’t get the 22” wheels. They help with handling, but they make the ride a little harsh. Turning radius is amazingly tight for a big vehicle, making it easy to turn around. The rear view camera and parking sensors help infrequent drivers of the Tahoe more comfortable parking it. The lane departure system is a little obnoxious, nudging the wheel to put you back in the lane.

Chevy/GM has done a nice job of improving the gas mileage over the years, but I feel like I’m filling the tank a lot due to the mileage and gas tank size. I didn’t have that issue with the Durango.

The loading height at the rear hatch is pretty high. I’m tall, so no big issue, but I notice my wife struggle with it when she borrows it.

The instrument panel and controls are well thought out, and all of the electronics are easy enough to figure out and use.

I bought this to haul people and stuff, and tow a trailer once in a while. If I didn’t need to tow the trailer, I’d consider another V6 Durango or maybe the Traverse.

Do not buy without knowing this
By Damian S

2017 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

So we just bought one for our family of 5. Second row is huge which is great for three kids. Unfortunately we assumed all seats had head rests. WRONG. Chevy have decided in their wisdom that the middle seat passengers safety is none of their concern and saved 10 dollars and have made seats with no head rests (and it's not even an option). I have reached out to Chevy and they don't seem to care as it is not mandated by federal law. Well Toyota /Nissan/Hyundai/BMW/Honda/Acura... do care and they all have headrests for the middle sears in their SUV's. Shame on you Chevy.