Used 2007 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews

Used Suburban for Sale
Select your model:
12345...20

Pros
Cons

Wind noise when towing - under powered

handyman, 05/13/2007

I just bought a 2007 2500 6.0 Suburban to replace my previous 8.1. The 6.0 is way underpowered and gets about 1.5 mpg less than the 8.1 during normal driving and .5 to 1.0 less when towing. The worst part is the wind noise when towing. I had it "fixed" with a new engineering upgrade to the weather-stipping and flip gate glass and it still is really bad. The GM engineers said that this is a good as it gets and that since the noise is only during towing that's the current fix. Good answer for a $50K vehicle! If you tow, beware.This truck is severely underpowered and the wind noise will drive you crazy.

'07 2500 LT Update

Dave, 06/06/2007

I have had the '07 Burb for 7 months now. It is my 3rd Suburban. If you need to tow forget the 2500. The hitch height is 23" vs the previous 15" and is a pain to set up. It is clear that the new Burb was designed for the ladies and the 2500 should have been dropped. The factory NAV system is so limited that I use my Garmin portable and shut it off. GM was obsessed with form and style rather than function on the 07 2500. The 6.0 engine is whimpy for a serious tow vehicle. I'd sell today if I wouldn't lose my behind on the deal. I only have 6K on the odometer rather than the 12K to 14K I put on my previous Burbs in the same time.

I Took the Plunge - 2007 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ

Cassandra Campbell, 06/15/2017
LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is 10 years old and had 219,000 miles on it when I purchased it. However, who ever owned it prior took great care of it and with the CarFax, I noted that they maintained the vehicle and no accidents. The interior was in excellent condition and very clean. I have had to replace the driver side door handle, the passenger side mirror and the TPMS sensors but other than that, this SUV rides well and handles great. I will say that having 20 inch rims you do feel bumps in the road, but that is just to be expected with any car with large rims. Again a 10 year old car so there are a few nicks in the paint on the hood but I couldn't be more please with my purchase. I did replace the OEM radio. I couldn't justify $180 to upgrade to the latest navigation maps when I could buy an android head unit and keep updated maps for free. I will say that this beast doesn't seem to like passing a gas station. But that is to be expected going from a 1997 Chevy Suburban LT with a 39 gallon tank to this with a 31 gallon tank. I think I will adjust to it.

I really like it despite repairs.

davecowdenjr, 06/02/2015
LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my LTZ for a great price 4 years ago. Since then I've had to replace two rear end assemblies (one under Mechanical Breakdown Plan) and other was about 1500.00 all in. I did do a lot of towing but under 2000lbs. Had the battery problem early on; dealer fixed somehow. Also had a minor engine rebuild at 165K and have had an intermittent oil usage problem. Used to be 1 to 2 quarts every 7500 miles or so; seems more frequent now so I'm keeping track starting at 177K. Despite this I love the thing. Put a cold-air intake on at 53k; boosted mileage to 15.5/20.5 at reasonable highway speeds. Super comfortable and rides like a 747. Friends always want to take it anywhere we go.

Why did I wait so long to buy it?

anthonyelectric, 11/29/2006

I absolutely love my new Suburban. I can’t believe I waited so long to buy it. It handles towing the boat with no problem. I can’t wait to take it to Mammoth for a little fun in the snow.

12345...20