Used 2006 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews

$4,795

Used Suburban for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

We enjoy our Suburban

JGD, 06/03/2008

We have had our Suburban for almost 2 years. We moved up in size from a Ford Explorer. Explorer is junk! We enjoy the extra seating and tons of space when 3rd row is folded down. My husband and I are large people and we are very comfortable in the front seats. Kids love the DVD. One thing though, the electronic displays get very hot on the radio and DVD after car has been running for about an hour. Honestly, you can almost burn yourself. The gas mileage is not much worse than the Explorer that seated 5 people and this seats 7. It handles well on the road and is a pleasure on long trips. It does take some time to learn all the electronic "gadgets". After two years, the car has been good!

3rd Suburban

dshackel, 06/21/2009

I love these trucks. Current one is a replacement for one I totaled hitting trees head-on. I walked away without a scratch, police were astounded and credited the vehicle. I drive 130 miles round trip to work daily and never have a problem, even get decent mileage. We haul everything from goats to furniture in the back with no issue - and this is the leather, captains chair model. Just a great family driver.

220k later and keeps on ticking!

dean Carter, 05/17/2016
LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Suburban are the best full size suv for the money. Have only had to replace the transmission at 160k and the is running strong at 210k.Bought brand new in December 2005.

I'm sold on the Suburban!

Ray, 08/04/2009

I started looking for an SUV months ago. I test drove Yukon XL & Sequoia before deciding on the Suburban. People that complain about the gas mileage are a bit delusional. For the size of vehicle & engine, it's pretty amazing, actually. I've been getting 16-17 mpg in horrible traffic conditions. I avg 21.4mpg on the hwy @60mph & 19.9mpg @70mph. My Tundra got 18mpg @70! It's more quiet & rides more smoothly than the Tundra or Sequoia, not to mention has a better turning radius. It's just a few inches longer, too, but has far more interior space. I admit it's not as luxurious as a Denali or Navigator, but I couldn't pass it up. If you're afraid of the size, don't be. You get used to it quickly

Plastics

great truck, 02/04/2006

Overall, A great SUV. The room is great. Only negative for GM / Chevrolet is to get a better handle on the plastic interior. Letters fade, and just feel cheap. This is something that can be fixed. No mechanical issues at all..100% great, as this is the 2nd Suburban owned. A+ truck with a family. Apparently you did do something with the carpet as it is better than 2003. Get the plastics under control and things should be good.