Used 1996 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

"CHEVY LOVER"
By Tioane Valai

1996 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought my 1996 Suburban used in 2010 with116,000 miles on it on it, so I was a little leery about it at first. It was very smooth and was averaging between 20 - 23 miles to the gallon and I really loved the 42gal fuel tank capacity. I can go along ways before having to refuel. Drove it around town for a little bit and then I got myself a job clear close to the North Pole (Minot N Dakota, 844 miles from my front porch). Was the only car I had to my name at the time so I didn't have a choice. Drove it 3X to N Dakota (before buying a '06 Chevy impala) and once to Spring Field Mo. to move my kid back to E Idaho. I tow my camper with it for family outings. So 8yrs and 243,886mi later, I'm still driving it and would not trade it for anything. I do make sure its serviced regularly!

By Hunter Jones

1996 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Just yes. This bad boy has lasted me 350000 miles and she still purrs like a kitten. She is amazing and the thought of breaking down on the road doesn't even cross my mind. I'm more concerned with a vehicle hitting me and me destroying that vehicle. She's stout. She hauled the 10k lb camper to CO and back without a problem. I love it and I wouldn't get rid of mine for the world.

Best Truck Ever Owned
By gunther39

1996 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my 96 used w/140K NINE years ago, it now has 205K and I simply love it more then ever. Sadly rust is winning the battle of this beloved vehicle. It has been the greatest vehicle I've ever owned and I've owned them all. Also sadly is the insane sticker price for a new one.

Space, space and more space. Room to spare

Better gas mileage

Best Car I Ever Owned
By Mike

1996 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my suburban @ 120,000 miles and put another 70,000 on over the next 3 years. Never had any major problems. Smooth Transmission, Quiet Engine, Comfortable Ride, Plenty of space, Towed up to 10,000 pounds no problem. It never left me stranded. Extremely reliable. It will take care of you if you take care of it. I did have to replace the fuel pump twice but that was because I tended to drive on a low tank of fuel more often than not. A downer is the fuel economy of course. Take out the back seat, fold down the center row and you have a full size truck; so versatile. Handles awesome in 4 wheel drive. This car will always have a special place in my heart.

Space, Versatility, Towing Capacity, Comfort, 4X4, Safety

Better fuel pumps, better fuel economy

awesome
By kevin

1996 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

i bought this truck with 300000 km it is still in mint shape with 410000ks original motor and tranny i love this truck to tow my toys around and as well as my 5 kids

fuel economy doesn't change towing it still is great 975 km to a full tank

leather seats like to crack