Used 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Disappointed
By mbd

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Let me just say, we miss our 1997 Chevy 3/4, 4x4 truck. For the same gas mileage, I at least had a 454 hp engine that could get out of it's own way. I wouldn't dare pull out in front of anything. Example, pulling onto the interstate, when you step on the gas the power backs off (enough to make your head bobble) then initiates the pickup thrust. I wouldn't lay my life on the line. The metal is cheap and thin, I doubt it will last 10 yrs. By the way we still are using our '97 around the farm! It comes with a basic radio, and I could not purchase a GM cd player. The speakers in the back doors are horrible. The cigarette lighter in the front console takes forever to charge any device. The A/C comes on for everything (even just turning up the blower knob), it's a long time known problem, I believe since 2013 and as of today there is no fix. Every year since we bought it new, we have had to replace the Water Pump and belts. The dealer said the first pump had a pinhole leak and the second one they said the water pump itself was loose. This is our first new vehicle ever and I can't tell you how embarrassing it is to hear it squeal everyday since we bought it, almost 3 yrs now. And I'm not talking a quiet noise either! I have taken back to the dealer multiple times. Every time I suggest there is another reason causing the pump to go bad, they blow me off. Something has to be out of alignment, causing the water pump to go bad, its not just bad luck. I truly believe they are trying to run the warranty out. Sad :( I don't like how high the truck sits, no reason for it. The in dash trailer brake has known issues hooking up to different trailers, it won't connect. The door handles are made of cheap thin plastic. On the plus side, it has bright lights and lots of storage room for cups and other stuff. Although I wouldn't use the pop down cup holder between the back seats without supporting it underneath.

What a truck!
By Steven Sapkin

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab High Country 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

The ride is harsh, compatible with a vehicle of this towing capacity. Overall it is an excellent truck.

Great
By patrick

I have waited quite a while to write this review. I have owned the vehicle for over 2 years now and can say it is outstanding.

General Motors mistake
By David

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab High Country 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

2016 Chevy 2500 HD High Country. I have owner this truck new for 3 1/2 months now & I've had it back to the dealer twice for water leaks. I owned a GMC 1500 before the chevy that leaked too. Shame on me for trying GM again. The dealer has been great for trying to fix the leak. General Motors on the other hand has done nothing but read from a script of lines to make it sound like they are concerned about you. I wish General Motors would pull there collective heads out of the back side & address the problems that they are having with a bunch of there model vehicles introducing water into the cabin and trunk areas.

Worst buy ever
By Derrick

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned several new vehicles, this is by far worse than any vehicle I've had (new or old). Been back to dealership 4 times in two months, totaling 11 days in shop. I will never buy another GM product or from Apple valley Chevy in martinsburg wv.