Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Wish I got it in 4x4
By StAnBu

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have the LMM engine in the not classic body style. The truck was purchased in Texas where we didn't necessarily need 4x4. Live in Utah now where I wish I had it. I would keep it if it had 4x4. I have the Banks Power Pack installed (ram air scoop/cold air intake, Banks airfilter, Banks exhaust package, Six Gun tuner) and I get almost 18 MPG if I drive conservatively. If I drive like I want, I get about 17.5 mpg. I drive this truck everywhere...it is my daily. Because of the Banks aftermarket parts, I will outpull my dad's 2014 stock GMC 3500HD duellie. And you can't beat the Allison tranny. Now for the bad. The tire pressure sensors have crapped out and they are $180 each to replace. I have the typical cracks in the dashboard and they are only getting bigger. The interior door handles have the chrome peeling off which cuts fingers. The brake lines wore out earlier this year and needed to be replaced (made the brakes or power steering fail intermittently). I had a rear axle seal go bad and had to get that fixed. Both of those repairs cost me $1800 combined. I thought it was the brakes so I replaced the brakes and rotors but ended up not needing too (the brakes could have gone another 50k miles easy). I seem to go through fuel filters like candy. I also had to recently replace the seals in the fuel filter housing. $20 for the parts and they came with instructions. Some of the plastic parts on the exterior (like the bumpers on the doors) are falling off because the adhesive is old or simply due to age. The water tubes for the sunroof are clogged so I get leaks in the interior when it rains really heavy. Some of the interior plastics are wearing out. The side mirror retracting system and parking assist (side mirrors angle down) don't work anymore. Despite all of these issues, I would keep this truck if it was 4x4. The wife is asking that I find a more fuel economic vehicle as I go through a tank of diesel once a week. Nearly $70 in fuel each week is a bit of a downer...still...I would keep it if it was 4x4.

Just keeps purring
By Mr. Jorgensen

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT2 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Diesels cost more to maintain, but no gas engine can match the power and rugged durability. The Allison transmission is bullet proof. 200,000 miles so far with original brakes, exhaust system, and serpentine belt. Cab and upholstery still good, but minor signs of age after 11 years. Can easily get another 150,000 miles./

farm truck
By Jerry Roth

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

It drives well on ice and snow

Newly Purchase Chevy Silverado 2500HD
By dvkiel

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have recently purchased a good used 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab, long bed truck with 33,000 original miles on it. I have only had it for about a month now but so far it appears to be everything that I am going to need in a truck. It has the 6.0L Vortec engine in it so it should handle the 23' 5th wheel that we are purchasing as well, pretty easily. The truck runs fine, rides pretty smooth (for a truck) and handles fine. I'm getting about what I would expect a truck of this size to get on mpg, averaging 12.6 on the first 4 tanks of gas. I expect lower once we start pulling the 5th wheel.

Interior is nice and roomy, seats are comfortable. A carpeted floor board would have been nice, but it is a work truck so hence no carpeted floor.

Nothing, but could find some as time goes by.

Just purchased used and verdict still out...
By prof_turby1

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Just purchased a used unit with 93K miles on it.
So far so good but the truck does need a new header stud bolt.
Fairly common on vortec's.
Gas mileage is 12 on commute and 14 on interstate.
The 4.10 gearing plays a part in that but I knew that going in.

Power, towing capacity, looks, build quality. Seats are exceptionally good.

GM did not put a passenger side grab handle. Plus the step bars are too high and close to the truck. They look great but loose functionality. I am 5'-7" tall. If you are short this truck does not have easy entry.