Used 2004 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used S-10 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

love turned to dislike

dakitn, 05/07/2013
4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I agree with the other posting, love the truck, but it is a money pit. Had to put in another rear end at 70,000 miles, and know another guy also did. the road noise is terrible, wheel bearing bad, new radiator, gas tank broke between the nozzle and tank, fuel pump gone, just to name a few. I have had the truck from 13,000 miles. have had other s10's in past and no problems at the rate of this one.

I love this truck

Cougar69, 06/07/2004
4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first truck and I am just delighted with it. I love its 4 wheel drive capability yet it is still a sweet looking truck. I love my truck, I think chevy may have gotten a lifetime customer out of me

2004 s10

Jimbo C., 03/30/2004
4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this 2004 s10 Crew Cab and i love it i test drove the new Colorado and they are nice but i don't think they compare to the s10. The s10 is much more comfortable and has a lot more torque. I don't know why Chevy is getting rid of it. All i buy is Chevy vehicles i think they are the best and nothing else even can come close.

Nice ZR5

Empty, 09/11/2004
4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great Truck that rides like a car. I don't like the seat material, hard to keep clean and hard to vacuum. Excellent on gas, true to ratings. Crew cab is excellent in 4X4, no extra weight needed.

Nice little truck

rustynobles, 12/09/2008
4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, not too big. Slight driving noise, sounds like the window is slightly open. Descent factory stereo. Comfortable interior, and handy bed for carrying deer and accessories.

Good value

E-Man, 09/08/2003
4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have two young daughters, 5 and 2, yet wanted a pickup. Bought the S-10 after a lot of research and shopping, comparing it favorably to the Tacoma (pricey) and F-150 (couldn't afford 4 doors plus 4WD). So far, so very good. It's a lot of fun to drive, handles exceptionally and was a tremendous value after the $4,000 rebate and other discounts. One suggestion: Buy a light color. I bought the dark, Indigo blue and, while I like it, it seems to scratch easily to a white undercoat. Otherwise, I bought a loaded pickup (all power, 4WD, cruise, CD, etc.) for less than $18,000, NOT including my trade. Until Ford makes a Ranger four door, I think it's hard to beat.

Glad I bort it

simo28, 01/16/2004
4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my S-10 Crew cab for 3 month now, and have taken it from the outer beaches of Long Island up to Plattsburgh where I now live. It is a happy median between a fast car and an off road vehicle. Meaning while the suspesion is great, it lacks ground clearance. But being lower to the ground makes it hand real well when cruising at 80-90mph on the highway. Chevy is coming out with the Colorado next year which seems to be a nice truck, look at the specs. S-10 has more torque has the proven 4.3 v6 which was used in Syclone in the early 90s. Where is the improvement? .

Z R5

jlmonte97, 01/24/2004
4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The ZR5 is a fun and sporty truck. This truck is not to bulky to handle. It looks great, but is also very practical!

Fun and Cheap

Kaxe, 04/04/2004
4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

First Crew Cab for me but 4th S-10. I really like the ride and drive of this truck. I am sorry to see it go away.

S-10 Crew Cab Great

Rock34, 09/30/2004
4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is an excellent vehicle for the price. It is sporty and comfortable. It handles well with great options.

51050