Used 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews

Used Monte Carlo for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Can't believe there's not more recalls on this vehicle

eyzofblue72, 06/03/2011
SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 car brand new in Nov 2000. Within the 1st year the driver seat heater went out - so had that replaced. Since then, I have had to have my catalytic converter replaced which now as I have been doing research found out it would have been covered under a Special Policy Adjustment - Catalytic Converter #05551 -(09/14/2005) Models: 2001-02 CHEVROLET IMPALA, MONTE CARLO EQUIPPED WITH 3.4L (RPO LA1 - VIN E) OR 3.8L (RPO L36 - VIN K) V6 ENGINE. Which surprisingly GM didn't bother to send. Now 4 years later, my catalytic converter needs to be replaced again. My security light has been on since 50k miles and I've had to replace my 4th gear shaft and the list goes on.

Don't buy it

SERGE, 07/07/2009
SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with the car on a rental. Was very pleased with power,comfort and fuel efficiency. When a similar used SS came up at the local dealer,I couldn't help buying it.Loved the car Around 70000 KM, it started showing problems, acceleration seemed to miss, transmission shifting hard. These problems increased and now at 120000 KM, I had to spend 2000$ to get it to work so-so. Mass flow sensor was bad, I replaced both front wheel bearings, steering fluid is leaking, yellow light in dash always reporting some problem, windows wont go down on hot days,radio does stupid things, transmission shifts hard (850$ ), still hesitates at high accel. To many probs to list.

Never ever ever again

gene , 08/31/2009
LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is the biggest piece of junk! Soon as I got it I noted that water was leaking in from the firewall thanks to the cabin air filter being under the window wipers stupid location, hard to fix, impossible to replace a blown speaker in the back, blows fuses for back up lights regularly, horrible suspension and creaks over every bump and feels floaty, had to replace the driver side wheel hub assembly at 62,000 miles cant be left for over two days with out it being dead dude to electronic draw, exhaust rattles thanks to design, traction to sensitive, and kicks in at weird times. A horrible gm design and poorly engineered! No gm crap for me any more, reconsider if you want one

Excellent fuel mileage

Kenny in NM, 06/13/2010
LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought in 2003 with 17,000 Miles. Replaced CV joints at 70K. New Plugs wires at 100K. Just drove from NM to AL and back for vacation and got 32 MPG on first tank of fuel (Night-time Driving With a/c off). Averaged 25.7 MPG for the total 3068 miles driven.

Great Car

John Z, 04/28/2002
LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy my Monte Carlo. It has been a fun car, decent performance, receives compliments all the time. I have one complaint, and have had two mechanical issues. The original Eagle GA tires didn't last long. I have put some Yokohama AVD4 tires on it that look better and perform better. I had a sensor on the radiator that detects fluid levels go bad, and after that service, I can't get the radio to go into progamming mode so that I can reset the engine oil life sensor. Other than that, it has been a great car. This car really kicks you back into the seat when you floor it.

12345...15