Used 2018 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Malibu for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Died on me next morning

Stephen Lai, 07/17/2019
LT 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I rented this car for a week when in San Francisco for a vacation. I parked the car before my next day going for a long trip to Yosemite. I accidentally bumped my elbow to the shift lever to the D low gear position without realizing it before I parked and left it near my house. The morning came I used the key fab trying to unlock the door but it did not open the door. Long story short I called the rental company for a tow truck to jump start it. The battery died because I left the shift lever at D instead of P. What a stupid design.

2018 Chevy Malibu For Sale

Mandar, 05/05/2020
LS 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

If you have a lead foot, buy a different vehicle. If you are the type of driver who wants the security of knowing that your vehicle will respond without delay when you push that accelerator pedal, buy a different vehicle. If you would like to own a vehicle that hesitates when you have to quickly accelerate through an intersection with cross traffic traveling at highway speeds, then I have the perfect car for you. If you like playing Russian Roulette then the 2018 Malibu is a great choice for you. If you like the bucking, jumpy, feeling from the first time you drove a manual transmission, then the 2018 Malibu is the car for you. Newer models have options to disable some of the technology that makes the 2018 undesirable. I like the vehicle in general but it will not last long as I am an aggressive driver and I seem to overwhelm the data processing on most newer vehicles.

51050