2015 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Way better than a Honda Accord for half the price
By Matthew McGinley

2015 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan w/1LS (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I suppose the Chevrolet Impala is one of the most underrated cars on the road. My only regret is that they don't make a coupe version, presumably because that would cut into Camaro sales. I traded out of a Camaro into the Impala and I couldn't be happier. Instead of focusing on me and if anyone is looking as I drive by, as I did with my Camaro, I can now increase the humility factor and just focus on getting to my destination. The Impala is very easy to drive, very quiet, spacious inside and you can barely hear the engine running. However, with 193 horsepower, contrary to the totally false review statement about the Impala "lacking ooomph", the Impala wakes up very fast and can pass most of the cars on the road if you floor it. Another caveat with this increased power is the poor fuel economy, as I expected better than 15.7 miles per gallon. For a four cylinder, that's unbelievable, even with the 2.5L ecotec engine and my generally controlled acceleration. On the highway I average about 32 miles per gallon, but in either case, I will sacrifice fuel economy for a quiet and smooth ride, which the Impala does give. On several occasions I received unsolicited compliments about how beautiful the car looks, being in Topaz Silver, a discontinued color, and I really love it myself--a very pale, pastel blue with metal flakes. Inside is very spacious and the dashboard is perfectly laid out with the instrumentation, climate controls and communications. The LS version does not have the MyLink but does have an adequate 4" LCD display for audio, phone, navigation and setting up the car. The Driver Information Center is located between the tach and the speedometer, and even while driving you can cycle through information like fuel economy, fuel range/miles remaining, oil life, tire pressure, average speed and trip odometer. I like that the Impala has interior lighting for both the front and back, and leg and head room are plentiful, even for a tall driver like me. The 8-way adjustable driver's seat is the best I've ever had. As for performance, this car handles much better than the Camaro, and you don't have to wait for the back end to catch up. Cornering, accelerating, braking and steering--all as good as you could expect for a base-model mid-size luxury sedan. The stock Firestone Firehawk GT-500's are very quiet the first 1,000 miles, and after that they slowly get a little noisier--am planning on upgrading to the Pirelli' P-7 Cintaturo's or the Yokohama YK580's in the near future. Highly recommended and very low priced--I got the 2015 LS brand new for $19,995 at Bill Pierre Chevrolet in Seattle.

Excellent Auto
By Bill N.

2015 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Rear view camera works well except it is slow to brighten when exiting garage into sunshine. OnStar and Wi-Fi data services are pricey. I love the styling, inside and out. Ride is very quiet and very smooth. 3.6L engine and 6 speed transmission are great. this car is very fast with no hesitation and fuel economy is better than expected. I have not tried e85 fuel yet so can't attest on that. Handles and brakes really good. Electronic safety warnings work perfect. Seating is very comfortable. Not too soft and not too firm. Climate control does a good job but a minor concern is the directional vent louvers are kind of limited left and right. Controls on dash and the DIC all work good, although the dash light dimmer control seems cheap. I use it a lot to soften the touchscreen during night driving. Headlights are good. Fit and finish are very good. Speakers sound wonderful. Bluetooth works perfectly with cellphone. I have driven it for over one year now and I am very well pleased.

I do not like this car
By anthonp1977@gmail

2015 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS Fleet 4dr Sedan w/2FL (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I own a 2005 impala that I love; all that I wanted was a new car
This 2015 is not only ugly on the outside; it is ugly on the inside as well
After much screaming it finally quit talking to me
Having to pull over and get the book out to figure out how to turn on the windshield wiper s sux

Seemingly Common Fuel Pump Issue
By Mike

2015 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car about 2 months ago. As I am driving down the highway the service engine light and traction control lights come on as well as two warnings. One stated that I needed to service the Stabilitrak system and that engine power was reduced. I took it to the dealer the same day to get it fixed and got a call the next day saying the fuel pump was faulty and needed to be replaced. The part is on back order as well so it will take at least a week to get the necessary repairs.

I did a little research on this and found that it seems like a common problem. It also seems like it might be a recurring issue so I'm pretty worried about future problems considering this happened just 2 months after I bought it.

The repairs are covered under the factory warranty so it's not costing me anything yet. But seeing as how quickly and frequently this issue arose I would imagine some costly repairs in the future.

I'm typically not one to complain but given the circumstances, along with with the fact that this is the first new car I've purchased, this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. I am questioning whether or not I will purchase a GM product ever again.

Modern Spacious Car for 6'3" or taller driver
By Hank Freeman

2015 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a new car replacing a 1999 Merc Marquis which has 250K miles and the engine seal were giving out. I have been looking at the 2015(+) Chevy Impala LTZ and did not know if I could fit into it because I cannot fit into a Ford Taurus. My torso length is to much for the Taurus but the Impala was a great fit.. Additionally, the front seat go back and there is plenty of leg room for my size 13 shoe.. So I am very happy getting to know my New Used (20k) miles previous Enterprise rental vehicle. It is very pretty has dark gray exterior and interior.. The LTZ is a must for this vehicle because of the 3.6 L 6 cylinder engine. the 2.4 L 4 cylinder engine, the later being to TOO little a power plant for the car. MY 3.6L is getting 24 MPG around town an a consistent 33 mpg @ 70 mph on the highway. The car since it came from Enterprise Florida came with factory tinted Windows and this is going to be big plus in the summer..

Going forward, I may put a 5 PSI electric blower on the air intake to give the car more air during heavy acceleration. This not need just something want to do as a science/performance experiment. It should be interesting..

Hank Freeman hfreeman@msn.com