Used 2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

First New car I've ever bought
By Never buy another Chevy

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

check drive train: engine is solid but have had two rebuilds on transmission. Rear axles will not stay in alignment, chews up tires, dealer will not cover after 12,000 miles. I bought the car new and we did not discover the tire problem until 15,000 miles when tires needed replacement

Class of it's own
By Mrs. DB

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan

It's a good car overall. It will give you good service for at least 200,000 miles. After that you would need to replace the engine and have the transmission rebuilt or replaced.

We've Gone a Long Way
By RC

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan

Our 2000 Chevrolet Impala sedan police package served us well just over 201,000 miles. During its time a repair here and there for us began around the 160,000 mile mark. It still has a smooth ride with the original shocks and struts. Received many compliments about the exterior's solid look from people, and they being surprised when asked about the mileage. A one of a kind look and dependable!

2000 Chevrolet Impala. Best Car I ever owned!!
By Jeanette Gerhart

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased my 2000 Chevrolet Impala new on Fourth of July, 2000! I drive hard & fast & put miles on my cars. Drove out to Las Vegas a few years ago, fabulously comfortable ride!! So much space inside of car, and huge trunk for bringing back souveniers. Springtime - huge trunk will hold @12-15 bags of mulch!!

2002, 2004 Impala LS's, husband, wife cars
By Dale Riggenbach

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Dreadful Edmonds? How untrue, I traded my wife's 2004 for a 2010 Ford Taurus SEL, what a Mistake!!!!!-lasted 10 months traded it. No driver legroom, blind spots, Too Big console, bad ergonomics!!! As for the Impala's, 2004 only normal maintenance: Oil changes, tranny fluid at 55K, tires, traded it at 65K miles. 2002 Impala, oil changes, tranny fluid x 2, lubed intermediate shaft-steering, computer for car, tune ups, tires sold at 138k for neighbors daughter. I found with regular maintenance, normal driving these cars last a long time. Solid car with an excellent engine, 3800, good ride, quiet depending on tires, solid performer, and very good on gas. Gas mileage, 18-20 city, 28-30 highway. Traded the lousy Ford for a 2011Buick Lucerne CXL, replaced 2002 with a 2014 Chevy Impala. I normally don't comment on forums, but looking for my daughter a car found a 2000 Impala LS, checked Edmunds for their review, and had to say something. In conclusion, I certainly don't agree with Edmonds on this one!!!