Used 2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews

Used HHR for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Love my HHR

lardeawit, 11/05/2010
LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is the first new chevrolet I have purchased I got hooked on the HHR when I rented one while my Toyota was in the shop. When I got my toyota back from the shop I went down to the Chevrolet dealer and traded it in on my HHR. Up until now I have always owned a Toyota. I get 25 mpg city and 31 highway.

'great' little car

p, 11/26/2010
LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I really, really like this car! Fun to drive, got it with 14500 K miles and still in warranty with all the bells and whistles. Won't say I love it cause it is just a material object but really, really like it. So far no problems with anything. MPG would be great if I didn't have a lead foot, but that is what the cruise if for! I would recommend it to others.

10 years later...

Jeff Bowers, 04/17/2019
LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 2009 new. It's done everything just fine. People complain about the cheap interior, but that plastic is bulletproof. The dogs love the darn thing, and there's not a scratch on any panels. I get slightly better mileage than advertised, but I don't drive it like a sports car. Steers great, and can wiggle into some smaller spots easily. I have the 2.2, and I will admit the acceleration is glacial, but I don't care. Fold sown the front seat and you can get an 8 foot long rug in there and close the hatch. Only design flaw? ... The center... the cup holders, parking brake, and armrests all occupy the same square foot. Fold down the armrest, can't use the cupholders. Have a large cup? Have to remove it before using the brake, with the armrest up, of course. But since everything else has done so well, it's not worth worrying over. My BIGGEST complaint? Chevy won't sell me a new one anymore. Seriously, I'd get another tomorrow. As it is, I have to baby this one.

Awesome car!!!!!

Lori, 01/24/2010
LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my HHR in April of '09 and was just recently in an accident last week. The safety of this car is AWESOME!!! My 15 yr old daughter was with me and was saved from severe injury by the passenger side airbags and the strength of the frame. I was hit on the passenger side. I am waiting to hear from the insurance company to ti find out if I can get into another one!!

Great Value

derbs24, 07/20/2010
LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Have the 2lt 2.4 auto great car, traded in my 4 door ram hemi and have no regrets. Great mileage, 22avg on e85,30 mpg avg on regular. Have gotten 32 mpg avg at 75 mph with the a/c on. Lots of room for 4 people and luggage, pulls a small trailer for a dirt bike/lawn mower. Fun to drive, oil changes are breeze. Cheaper quality, lots of plastic. I paid $18,000 on a $24,000 sticker though so can't complain. Good looking little gas save with lots of room. Chose this over the Kia soul due to room/mileage.

12345...15