2018 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Highway hero
By Marie

2018 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Excellent car for highway driving. Great fuel efficiency. Handles perfectly.

Perfect car for daily driving
By Zach fewell

2018 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car has plenty of power for highway cruising and passing along with great tech, my only problem I had with the car is the auto start stop feature will work sometimes but overall great car

Pros of Auto-start
By Mimi1205

2018 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan L 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I’ve had this car for 6 weeks. Previously I drove a 2008 Hyundai Elantra manual. This is an automatic. I’m slowly getting used to not having control over shifting thus the transmission rating for me personally. Unlike most others I like the auto-stop feature, so my review is mostly about that. It’s not as jerky as some have written. It doesn’t engage when you’re turning corners—you need to be at a full stop and it engages after a few seconds, only if the cabin temperature is sensed to be as cool as your setting. If you change any setting at all the engine re-engages. It also does this if the temperature rises, but always in less than two minutes so it doesn’t drain the auxiliary battery. The auxiliary battery and starter are under the trunk liner—it doesn’t use the main ones. It’s not loud. It starts up instantaneously. My average speed over 6 weeks is 21 mph and I’m getting 28.2 mpg, all local city driving, not highway. A lot of people don’t like this feature, but I encourage those on the fence to try it out for a few days as a rental or loaner from your dealer. Another feature I love—although I have a base model I somehow scored a seven speaker sound system instead of the four. My Elantra was a “sport” model. This rides smoother, is quieter, more solidly built, and handles as well as the Elantra. It has great acceleration—no problem scooting over and passing at all. It has more inside room than I thought it would. Three boys in boosters fit in the rear seat. The inside trim isn’t high quality, but I don’t cause a lot of wear and tear there. I have Arctic Blue Metallic and I love the color. The exterior design is more attractive than the Focus, Accent, or Fortè. All in all I’m extremely happy with the 2018 Cruze. I’m leasing mine and with zero down—truly zero—and $2500 trade in I will have paid $5832 cash out of pocket over 36 months at 10,000 miles per year. $8332 including my trade.

GREAT car not too small, HUGE improvement overall
By Tony

2018 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Actually a Great car for the price, can beat MPG at a constant 68 MPH. Very decent acceleration, but if you want a little more pop, go into tap shift and let revs go a bit higher. I notice Edmunds erroneously states that you cannot over ride the engine start/stop feature. That is untrue, if you are in tap shift mode start/stop is disabled. Much better legroom in 2nd row compared to prior generation, and the added center console was a much desired feature. Big plus for the simplicity and clarity of dashboard information, ant the LARGE Radio screen ( also where the rearview camera displays ) is bright, clear, easy to understand large icons, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto feature links your phone. Bluetooth is equally simple, and nice crisp clear sound.

Cheap Luxury
By James

2018 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Go to Piehl motors princeton il if you like a car they will help with the research with any model like the cruze and what to expect. Never had this model but wanted to give it my hard test. It looks nice and drives great with alot of bang for less of the big cost. Thanks to the sells team for all the help with purchase and savings.