2016 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Glad I didn't purchase!
By Shelly Miller

2016 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just leased the 2016 Chevy Cruz Premium, so glad I didn't purchase due to auto stop/start. I think this is going to be a safety issue, when the start fails. The stop start is noisy and annoying. Went to dealer to try and disconnect, service said customers are complaining all day about this feature. I've got 2 years and 11 months to go, unless recalls begin sooner.

Soooo Close
By kalfont

2016 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I drove this car for a week while mine was in the shop. Initially I thought "What a fantastic car". I had not been in a Chevy for years and was genuinely surprised by the quality, comfort, and ride. The good. It rides great with fantastic gas mileage. Lots of backseat room. Seats are comfortable. Center display is great. Like the Bluetooth connectivity. Sound system good. Material quality is good and while not a stunning interior it is fashionable. Good trunk space. The bad. These are things that would absolutely keep me from buying this car. The engine stop/start feature and no ability to turn it off. It is frustrating, annoying and ridiculous. It is the single most detractor of this car. The second is that the brake pedal is three inches higher than the accelerator. The last is that there is no map displayed with directions. They have "Navigation" if you call On Star turn by voice navigation but I would never buy a car without mapped navigation.

will not purchase due stop/start
By loyal customer

2016 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Listen to your customers. Your customers will choose other brands if GM forces them to live with stop/start feature. Give them an option to turn it off. Customers hate it. Just hate it. Also, the front of the driver's seat needs to be able to tilt down few degrees more. So uncomfortable.

Crappy rental car
By Hondagrl

2016 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I drove a 2016 Cruze LT as a rental for two-and-a-half days while my 2014 Civic was getting a minor bumper repair. There are no ways to express how much I hated this car. There was not much headroom, the front seat was uncomfortable, the stop/start was annoying, it lacked power and it rolled backwards when I stopped at stop signs on small hills and took my foot off the brake (automatic transmission). The interior layout and controls for the windows and other instruments was goofy, almost as if GM didn't know where to put things so they just threw it in anywhere. The driver's window did not do an "express up" like most cars and you had to hold the button. The controls for the outside mirrors were not within reach. The radio did not turn off when I turned off the ignition, I had to open the door first with the engine running. It had a foot operated parking brake and some of the radio station controls were behind the steering wheel and every time I moved my hands I accidentally changed stations. It stalled once in the drive through lane at the bank when I tried to drive away. The backup camera and audio display were nice. GM needs to go back and finish this car, I was never so glad to see my Civic and certainly appreciate Honda engineering after driving this piece of junk. It's been a couple of weeks and I still recall my bad experience.

Its OK but i cant wait to switch to the Malibu 2.0
By Joshua Nelms

2016 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I own the LT Automatic: I want something with better acceleration. This car has a sling shot acceleration (it kinda sits in the same spot for a second or two, before it accelerates) And when it does accelerate its not impressive. I will say, if you purchase an aftermarket cool-air intake system that this car sounds WAAAY cooler... it makes this impressive hissing sound when you accelerate and gives you a slightly better acceleration; I bought mine from Amazon.com for about $250. Also, the braking isn't terrible but my last car had waaay better braking. My last vehicle was a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL-1 FWD so maybe I'm spoiled. Lastly, this car has this annoying feature that shuts off the engine AND the A/C when you brake to a stop; dude, when its hot outside and you're trying to cool down, the last thing you want is the A/C shutting off during every stop-sign and red light, FML. So ill be getting rid of this car ASAP and getting the 2016 Malibu 2.0 (that car is a beast but it does cost about $6-8k more.. but its well worth it)