Used 2011 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Saved $10,000 on 2011 Corvette Purchase
By Walter Q.

2011 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Reviewed 5 different years of Corvettes, & values. I purchased a 2011 Corvette with 21,000 miles on it & saved over $10,000! I'm one happy used Corvette owner!

Grand Sport
By Daniel Cuillier

2011 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe GS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Great acceleration and handling. I get many compliments. I am 6 foot 3 inch and weigh about 275 and I am still comfortable driving for several hours at a time. Car has been very reliable thus far. Tires wore out at 13000 is the only negative I have. Navigation is also not up to today's standards. Took it out on the track were it performed extremely well against M3s Audi S5 and 8s along with Mustangs GT and others. The only cars that were more capable then my GS were the new Z06s.

Large, powerful, heavy GT car
By smerdyakov

2011 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe GS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

My car was a 3LT GS with automatic transmission and every option except navigation. It was a pleasant car to drive, but not very exciting. It was so powerful that its acceleration capability was essentially useless in an urban environment - it would have been better suited to a place with wide open roads.
Although it was pleasant to drive, its bulk inhibited the fun factor. It well illustrated the maxim that a slow car driven at 9/10ths is more fun than a fast one driven at 6/10ths. More of a GT car than a sports car.
As has been said in many places, the seats were quite poor. I had to have the lumbar bag replaced in the driver's seat. after which it was better, but still not good.
The main irritation was the front splitter, which was very vulnerable to damage while parking. I would advise against the GS in favor of a base car because of that splitter.

2011 Coupe Auto Trans
By chuckdi

2011 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

GM claims top speed of 190 MPH for Coupe. GM warranties drive train for 5 years or 100K miles.

Perfect fitting of body. Rides like a Cadillac with soft ride syspension (which I have) or select a ride syspension which is more expensive.

3LT trim is great with head up display, better interior trim and push button retractable seats and steering wheel.

Head up display, run flat tires and OnStar. GM power train warranty...5 years/100k miles. Great power 436 HP with dual mode exhaust which I have and great fuel economy for the power...my Vette averaged 27 MPG on the freeway and its auto trans. Great stopping power due to its light weight...3225 lbs. manual, 3275 lbs. auto. Very quite at high speeds due to one the lowest drag coefficients....28 vs. .34 for the ZO6. With 428 lbs. of torque, I doubt most people can handle it if floored at a standing start.

It cost me over 2K in accessories, which GM should have make standard or optional. Chrome door handles. Color matched spoiler and mud guards, chrome led tail lights, chrome engine coil covers, chrome mesh side covers.

My first Vette, bought one year older than average!
By gladiator55

2011 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Wanted an LT3, but got an LT1 with A/T, performance exhaust (noisy just when pushed) and chrome wheels (less demanding than the alloys on my 2002 BMW 530) and saved $7000. Missed some extras, but I think can live without them.

Style that flows and seems timeless. Civilized ride for a sport car. Good ergonomics. Useful trunk. Removable roof. Better millage than expected. On Star navigation is good but a navigation system is better! Some cheap cars come with blue tooth , but GM will charge for using their hands free calling option once the free period is over.

I bought my son a new Jetta 2010, made in Mexico for $ 20 000, the power windows are one touch up/down, the glove compartment door belongs to a luxury car. My Vette glove box door was taken from a WT Silverado 2006. I almost threw away an L shaped piece of plastic, but realized was the passengers reclining lever. I thought the hood was misaligned, but discovered that the problem was where the drivers fender meets the front fascia...both pieces aren't flush! Be careful with the sharp front edges of the seats rails! It was pulling to the right and improved a little after a visit to the dealer, they will check it again soon.