Used 2006 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Below my expectations
By Mr. Frost

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

Don't waste your time on these. Compared to any of my s-10 pick ups I had, this thing was a major disappointment.

Love this truck
By Anthony

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my truck a little over a year now, and it is by far the most reliable and easiest to maintain car or truck I've owned. I have a regular cab xtreme zq8 model and I have had no issues what so ever and have only had to do rear drums and change the oil for maintenance. My only complaint is the 2.8 is a little slow while accelerating but once your at speed it's smooth and quiet. I average 32 mpg highway since I drove everyday and can get 450+ miles a tank. I would recommend a colorado to anyone.

2006 /164 k miles
By Nick

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I had a s10 before, so I felt fine in the Colorado. I purchased this truck only a month ago so fingers crossed it continues to please. It is a little bouncy and the interior of the truck is so so, kinda cheaply made. I have 5 cyc motor and it seems like I'm getting 21 mpg on highway. It's got 4x4 and that's a must for me, nice back row seats. Easy putting child car seats in. Get up and goes in crapy ca traffic

Very Surprised.. And Happy with my Colorado
By colorred

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Colorado used with only 48K miles on the OD. I've doubled that and it still runs like a top. I'll admit I was a bit of a skeptic but saw some positive reviews and I'm glad I took the chance. The inline 5 is a great engine, though not overly powerful it suits my needs perfectly. The crew cab has lots of comfortable space. So far (knock on wood) I've only performed regular maintenance and it hasn't required any repair needs. I keep the brake pads changed perhaps a little more often than normal as I was told new rotor replacements will be big bucks. They weren't designed to be changed easily.

Love the cab; size and comfort. Fuel mileage is respectable for a truck. Sharp looking truck. Even at 7 years old it looks fresh.

Cheap plastic interior parts, though not a problem for me it does look a bit cheap. The brake rotors should be made to be replaceable without having to remove the axle.

Emmission problemm not reported by cheve to customer
By nabid

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 2006 cheve colorado pick up,it failed several time smog test,i spent a lot of money to the local mechanics for diagnose,it came as internal leak,missfiring.it was a major manufacture deffect but Cheve never send me any letter to infor for any recall,finally when i took to dealer they told me there is a memo that this model has a deffect,they have to open all engine to fix the problem..i was shocked WHY CHEVE DID NOT INFORMED ME AND OTHERS CUSTMERS AND WERE CHEATING.ITS SHAME FOR CHEVE AND THEIR MANAGEMANT..WILL NEVER TRUST CHEVE AGAIN.

All disappointed by Cheve..

Do not buy any Cheve car or truck