Skip to main content

Used Cobalt for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons
4.13 out of 5 stars

Fun First Car

mizmwise, 03/13/2012
2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt new and have put 56,000 miles on it. I love it! I'm religious about servicing it and have had zero mechanical problems. I get 40 mpg highway easily. For a relatively inexpensive car it handles great and has decent power. I live where it gets cold as hell in the winter and it starts every morning, and it does alright on the snow and ice. There is pretty limited storage space, and the blindspots are pretty significant. Everything seems pretty solid still. Of course there are little rattles here and there, but nothing crazy. Everything has stayed pretty tight and sealed up. The ride on the highway is smooth and fairly quiet. Overall, I think this is an awesome car!

3 out of 5 stars

fuel pump defect: message from Customer Service

bob lyon, 11/04/2015
2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Dear Robert, Thank you for getting back to Chevrolet Customer Assistance. Please accept our sincere apologies for our delayed response to your email due to the high email volume. We have processed the information using the vehicle identification number (1G1AS58H197166725) and found out that there is a special coverage #12191. This is to make you aware that some 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt may have a condition where the plastic supply or return port on the fuel pump cracks and leaks fuel or fuel vapors. Fuel vapors, in the presence of an ignition source, could potentially cause a vehicle fire. The symptoms of this condition are: - A noticeable fuel odor while the vehicle is being driven or after it is parked - The Check Engine Soon light may be illuminated on the instrument cluster - If the crack is large enough, fuel may be observed on the ground, or vehicle performance may be affected We are conducting a program to address this issue. The program is a special coverage and under it should a vehicle ever experience this condition, the owner must take the vehicle to their GM dealer and have the dealer inspect the vehicle, confirm the condition, and then repair that vehicle for free. Repairs and adjustments qualifying under this special coverage must be performed by a GM dealer for diagnosis and inspection. We also found two open recalls #14092 "Ignition Switch Replacement" and # 14133 "Replace Ignition Key".

3.75 out of 5 stars

2009 Chevy Cobalt

kayly, 02/13/2015
2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving my cobalt for the last two years with out any significant problems. This is the first and only car I have ever had, and it has served me well. I find it to be very comfortable, even for long car rides. I especially enjoy how quick it accelerates. ;) In my opinion the vehicle has held up really well against all my wear and tear.

5 out of 5 stars

Wow

dale, 09/16/2008
2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Really surprized with this car. I needed an inexpensive car to drive to and from work. The gas mileage is unbeatable, it is averaging 39 mpg. I really like the 5 speed. It has plenty of power. This is a much better car than the Corolla I was looking at and a lot cheaper.

2.88 out of 5 stars

Snowing in July?? Paint is flaking everywhere!

blueextc3221, 08/01/2011
2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased NEW 2009 Garage kept Cobalt LT Black coupe. After only 6 months - clearcoat on aluminum rims bubbling and flaking. Steering wheel/system rattles & thunks over small bumps after about 10K miles (same problem as my '06). Recall "fix" made no difference. I Drive a lot. 64K of today's writing... just noticed a half-dollar sized area of paint bubbling on the roof.... and chrome on the inside passenger door handle that is NEVER used is bubbling. I know I drive a bunch - but these are cosmetic issues GM will not cover after 36K warranty is up. I have 36K in the first 6 months!! Cheap car with cheap plastic parts - and paint issues not isolated to Cobalt. Black is bad on Camaros too.

12345...8