Used 1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Consumer Reviews

Used C/K 1500 Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Like a Rock

Mikenet6, 01/06/2004

I bought it new. I have enjoyed every mile I have driven it. It still looks like new and drives like new. It is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever had. I have had no major work done to it. I would say chevrolet broke the mold with my truck.

1995 4WD Cheyenne Ext Cab SB

Raumulin, 05/30/2003

I have thoroughly enjoyed my ownership of this vehicle. It is very comfortable yet rugged enough for the back county that we hunt and camp. 1995 was the last year before the vortec engine, so the back yard mechanic feel right at home working on the 5.7 liter V8. Should you need to. I have changed the oil and plugs myself with ease. Like my wife says, "it's a TRUCK, but it rides nicer than many of the cars we've had or ridden in." We purchased our truck without power windows or door lock intentionally, and have not regretted it one bit. We are always outdoors and have never had a window fail to roll down/up when needed. Very reliable rig.

Great truck

sheaff8, 11/12/2008

This truck is great. It will do anything you want it to. I put a 33 inch all terrain tire on it and I am always pulling my buddies out of the mud and this truck has no problem. I take this truck in the mud fairly often and it has never gotten me stuck. The 350 is a great engine to do modifications on. Great truck!

Great Truck!

Lenny_d, 05/21/2009

I bought the truck used with 38K on it in 2001. At about 60K I began to lose my reverse gear.I was able to baby it for a long time and the truck now has 160K on it and I am going to put it in for a transmission job shortly.The transmission place has told me this is a common occurrence with the 1995 transmissions.(You lose low and reverse gears.)It still doesn't burn oil and runs great.I was always surprised at how well it handled.It is starting to rust on quarter panels and around wheel wells but I think the $2500 transmission job will be worth it.I hope to get another 2 to 3 years out of the truck.

Who designed the air vents???

katdog26, 06/03/2002

I love my Silverado, but the one thing that really bugs me is the placement of the driver's air conditioning vents. There are 3 that are supposed to air the driver, and none of them hit you directly. We have owned 3 GM/chevy 1500 series trucks and all of their brakes have been soft. Nice overall ride, very reliable. Many cupholders! A bit slow acceleration, but adequate for an automatic. All around great truck.

12345...9