Used 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

burns Oil from day one
By steve

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible LT 2dr Convertible w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

At 73 I decided to get my last car. Convertible-Manual transmission- Didnt have 40 miles on it had it repainted at a tune of four thousand dollars -the old school black cherry-Even had the Lamborghini doors installed 18 Hundred - Also had the rims powder coated to match the car 650 bucks. For an old 72 year old man Im happy, Car looking good <> But not as good looking as me-Ha Ha- Then it started the fking thing started using oil, One to 1 1/2 quarts of oil every 2 thousand mile. Go to the dealer. They put me on Chevrolet Oil consumption program. To date February of 2018 I have 21 thousand miles on it {} And it still burns oil at the same rate. I have a letter from Chevrolet Customer Service Department on Chevrolet letter head stating that the use of using one quart of oil every 2 thousand miles is in their guidelines of except ability. So I lay down 30 thousand for a brand new car that burns oil AND Chevrolet view is that is ACCEPTABLE to them on the car. ACCEPTABLE Really <> Been driving different types of car's scents I've been 15 and I have NEVER HAD a new car use oil between oil changes ( I change every 3 thousand miles ) I'm NOT all warm and fuzzy over this. Like the car if not I wouldn't have spent the extra money to get it the way I wanted it. And I'm tired of them acting like _Oh thats normal _ There has to be a reason why the dam thing is using oil or other wise every dam 2015 would be using oil. Ive ask my dealer how many brand new Chevrolets use's oil every two thousand miles ? He couldn't or didnt know: WHY dont you know so its not that common or is it common ? Still said he didnt know.

2015 Chevy Camaro SS Auto transmission
By George Milner

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible SS 2dr Convertible w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

L 99 6.2 L engines with A F M (active fuel management) have noisy valvetrain components. I love the car but hate the ticking valve(s). I didn't notice it during the test drive out in the open, but noticed it after a few days of owning it especially pulling into the garage or while idling next to a wall (drive thru window etc. ). I probably would not have bought it if I noticed it before purchase. I took it to my local Chevy dealer service dept.(I purchased it out of town at another Chevy dealer) to have it checked out and was told "the vehicle makes similar valvetrain noise" as other vehicles with the same engine. It only has 900 miles on it as of this review, so I haven't really driven it hard to give an assessment of acceleration and all out performance yet. The owners manual says no full throttle launches and do not exceed 4000 rpms until 1500 mile break-in . It handles and corners well and gets decent gas mileage.
Update after 1 year of ownership and just over 5000 miles on it...Absolutely lovin' it. The valvetrain components are much quieter and smoother now that it's broken-in and seems to have a bit more power too, it's a pleasure to drive. I've gotten many compliments on the looks and sound of car. Overall I'm pleased with the purchase now.

After 7 months of ownership and 3200 miles on the car the engine is less noisy but I can still hear some ticking, but overall I am satisfied with the car and it's a lot of fun to drive.

Beautiful Sporty Classic
By Ambuter ambuter

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible LT 2dr Convertible w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Great Fun meets Great quality, a quality car from Bumper to Bumper. If this car gets your blood racing then you would love owning this Classic Camaro.

40th wedding anniversary gift to my wife
By Bill

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible LT 2dr Convertible w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

She loves the gas mileage, sporty drive and feel, sound system, its her new baby

Still satisfied
By Al Micucci

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible SS 2dr Convertible w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

We have been enjoying the car. If the sun is out, the roads are dry and there is no snow, we are in it. had the top down Saturday in 54 degree January weather