Used 1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Great car for driving on the highway and in town
By Ty

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

The car is pretty quick and with a nice exhaust it sounds great. The six speed transmission is great and the gas mileage is good for the car and year. It steers great and the braking is good aswell. The headlights are good and the foglights help out during the night too. The visibility is good although I find there is a blindspot over your left shoulder due to the large pillar behind the front seat. There is no traction control or parking aids but it does include two front airbags. I had to replace the original stereo deck as it stopped working, but I put in a aftermarket deck and its working great again. The bose stereo I have is still doing great even though it is 24 years old, although there are speaker covers on each side of the back seat that house no speakers if you have the bose system, but it still sounds great. The climate control works great and my a/c works. The car is easy to use although the turn signal and wiper stock is a bit sticky/clicky. Good storage and the interior is designed all well, except for the one cupholder that can barely hold any sort of drink. I have a cloth interior and its very comfortable and cushy. It is comfortable to me for long roadtrips, and my passengers say the back seat is comfortable as well.

Best car I have EVER owned!
By camaro_owner

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Performance:
160 (I have 187) horse power. Doesn't seem like a lot but the torque is where this car wins. Runs like a bat outta hell and crushes all competition off the line (yea, I've raced it a few times...)

MPG: I get 24.5 city and 32 highway when I'm not screwing around with it.

Build/Reliability: The 3.4L 207ci (@156,000 miles) is the only engine in a Camaro that has taken the beatings i put to these cars! My 1980 Camaro w/ 5.7L 350ci, can't even take the beating. Not even on the fresh rebuilt engine. I have never had any problems with my car. EVER.

Comfort: The bucket seats are SUPER com

Gas mileage: 24.5 City 32 highway Handles corners like a dream Comfy It runs 2000 Rpms at 70mph which is where the 32 mpg comes from

Cold air intake, stage 3 racing clutch, and exhaust system for better gas mileage and 27 more horsepower? Maybe that's just me! :D ONLY TWO THING WRONG: 1: The so called "cup holder" is in the way of the shift knob... I call it a "glorified ash tray"... So don't plan on driving with a drink. 2: No back seat room for anyone over 5'. But it's a sports car, so I suppose It's to be expected.

Best car I ever had
By Z28west

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

This one one great car. Probably the best performance bargains out there. This thing is scary fast. Turns heads and is very reliable. I love the Ttops. I am 6'4" and this car is even more comfy for me then my Cadillac cts. Some people complain about the interior, but I don't mind it. The only problem is this thing is hard to work on because 1/3 of the engine is covered up and everything is crammed inside. Definitely would recommend to anyone who likes style and performance at a bargain price!

Ttops, V8, bucket seats

better gas mileage

About my 94 z28 M6
By NiteRiderz704

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback

0-60 in 6 secs tops, 6 speed. What more to say? In 6th gear at 70 mph I can get 35+ mpg highway! So good fuel econ. huge smoky burnouts. I'd love to see your Honda do that! Yet another reason to buy American muscle! Do not buy from a dealer, they want too much money. I got my 94 for $2,000. A steal. Can get them all day $3k-$5k from individuals.

Burnouts

ease of working on, was fixed with the intro of LS1 :-)

Nothing better
By Green Bean

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in 2005 with 67,000 miles on her. Now in 2009 I have 152,000. This is my favorite car ever. Would not trade her for anything except a Z28. It handles amazing and can't complain too much about the power since it is a v6. It's had its fair share of small little problems needing to be replaced like ball joints, tie rods, and other small things. But this is all to blame on how I drive her. Great car for anyone.

Handling, and the driver focused interior.

More power for the V6.