Used 1994 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Great car for driving on the highway and in town
By Ty

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

The car is pretty quick and with a nice exhaust it sounds great. The six speed transmission is great and the gas mileage is good for the car and year. It steers great and the braking is good aswell. The headlights are good and the foglights help out during the night too. The visibility is good although I find there is a blindspot over your left shoulder due to the large pillar behind the front seat. There is no traction control or parking aids but it does include two front airbags. I had to replace the original stereo deck as it stopped working, but I put in a aftermarket deck and its working great again. The bose stereo I have is still doing great even though it is 24 years old, although there are speaker covers on each side of the back seat that house no speakers if you have the bose system, but it still sounds great. The climate control works great and my a/c works. The car is easy to use although the turn signal and wiper stock is a bit sticky/clicky. Good storage and the interior is designed all well, except for the one cupholder that can barely hold any sort of drink. I have a cloth interior and its very comfortable and cushy. It is comfortable to me for long roadtrips, and my passengers say the back seat is comfortable as well.

Best car I have EVER owned!
By camaro_owner

1994 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback

Performance:
160 (I have 187) horse power. Doesn't seem like a lot but the torque is where this car wins. Runs like a bat outta hell and crushes all competition off the line (yea, I've raced it a few times...)

MPG: I get 24.5 city and 32 highway when I'm not screwing around with it.

Build/Reliability: The 3.4L 207ci (@156,000 miles) is the only engine in a Camaro that has taken the beatings i put to these cars! My 1980 Camaro w/ 5.7L 350ci, can't even take the beating. Not even on the fresh rebuilt engine. I have never had any problems with my car. EVER.

Comfort: The bucket seats are SUPER com

Gas mileage: 24.5 City 32 highway Handles corners like a dream Comfy It runs 2000 Rpms at 70mph which is where the 32 mpg comes from

Cold air intake, stage 3 racing clutch, and exhaust system for better gas mileage and 27 more horsepower? Maybe that's just me! :D ONLY TWO THING WRONG: 1: The so called "cup holder" is in the way of the shift knob... I call it a "glorified ash tray"... So don't plan on driving with a drink. 2: No back seat room for anyone over 5'. But it's a sports car, so I suppose It's to be expected.

ouch
By steve bruni

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

i bought this car cheaply, as a project, but o boy. after spending $6000.00 in parts and repairs plus countless hours of my own labor, it is in the shop, 3rd one counting chevy dealer who could not find the cause of intermittent surging and stalling. after replacing every ignition part from the opti to coil plugs wires alternator on and on, when it runs its like a dream, but how many times can you go out and need a tow before you give up? if this guy can't fix it - he's had it for 3 days now, by tomorrow, I'm off to a dealer to lose thousands on a trade-in and buying a vette. at least when i blow my money I'll have a real car. by the way, this is my 6th and last-worst camaro. lol

exterior styling, decent performance when running

get rid of whole ignition and computer systems

Best car I ever had
By Z28west

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

This one one great car. Probably the best performance bargains out there. This thing is scary fast. Turns heads and is very reliable. I love the Ttops. I am 6'4" and this car is even more comfy for me then my Cadillac cts. Some people complain about the interior, but I don't mind it. The only problem is this thing is hard to work on because 1/3 of the engine is covered up and everything is crammed inside. Definitely would recommend to anyone who likes style and performance at a bargain price!

Ttops, V8, bucket seats

better gas mileage

About my 94 z28 M6
By NiteRiderz704

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

0-60 in 6 secs tops, 6 speed. What more to say? In 6th gear at 70 mph I can get 35+ mpg highway! So good fuel econ. huge smoky burnouts. I'd love to see your Honda do that! Yet another reason to buy American muscle! Do not buy from a dealer, they want too much money. I got my 94 for $2,000. A steal. Can get them all day $3k-$5k from individuals.

Burnouts

ease of working on, was fixed with the intro of LS1 :-)