Used 2003 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Super utility vehicle
By Kim Mason

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great suv. We're downsizing.

Happy with my Blazer
By Bill

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 17k in 2005 for $17k. It now has 224k and still runs well. I've had a few problems but that's to be expected through the life of a vehicle. It still gets over 21 miles to the gallon on the interstate and runs very well. The paint (white) has held up well and the interior is solid. I have zero complaints. Maintenance has been intake manifold gasket, alternator, A/C compressor, ball joints, and a transmission electronic module. None of these were devastating and occurred at reasonable mileage. I will not sell it. It is now only worth around $2500 - $3000 on the street but it is worth much more than that to me. The 4 wheel drive is excellent. This thing will go in the snow. I'm easily out when most people are stuck at home. I gave it a four because anything can be improved. GM did good on this.

Bought it with 1Mile on it back in 2003
By indiabradster

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I take care of my cars. I can say this one has taken care of me.
Comfy ride, in the 10 years that I've owned it, minus the normal wear and tear items I've replaced the fuel injection spider ($1000 repair).
I needed to replace all the ball joints for inspection, which I did myself this weekend.

Add up all the repairs at normal garage costs, $3000 in 10 years.
That's great.

Nice ride, dependable. Easy to take long trips in. Plenty of room to haul stuff around. I've towed things much bigger than I should have long distances and had no issues. Engine has nice torque, after owning a 2.8L Jimmy that would go 0 to 60 in 20mins this is a nice change.

Bezels around the back side windows damage easy from sun, looks like crap now. Anti Lock breaks little too sensitive. Speaker grills in dash cracking already from sun damage. Gas millage horrible. Back tire on tail gate paired with Tinted factory windows makes for a hell of a time backing up at night.

She's a truck
By blazercanuck

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Blazer zr2 at 120,000 kms (about 72,000 miles)about 1 1/2 years ago but I got a killer deal on it Only $4,500 but this price reflected the work it needed. Needed new tires rear brakes were seized new calipers, rotors and pads
and needed an o2 sensor. In the past year and a half I have changed the lower ball joints both rear drive shaft u-joints front drive shaft (it has a C.V. style joint that's $500 new, picked a used one up for $100) and the idler arm (keep in mind i do a fair amount of off-roading/light rock crawling) This truck is TOUGH! nose dived HARD into a ditch and still drives straight as an arrow no damag Tailgate squeak? oil hinges. spare rattles? adjust latch

The truck is TOUGH and hard working for its size. The zr2 package is the one you want if you don't need 4 doors. It's wider higher and beefed up all around for off-roading. Fantastic in the snow if you get a decent set of tires. Back seat folds down perfectly flat so there's tons of cargo space or throw an air mattress back there and tadaa...mini camper. Like most 4x4's has cargo tie down loops in the back also. Multiple 12v power points is a nice touch. Surprisingly putting a car seat in the back isn't that bad! with the passenger seat forward there's enough room to stand in front of the back seat (legs straight bending at waist) to put your kid in! besides its downsides, I love the truck.

Blazers are notorious for the tailgate/rear window squeaking. A little oil at ALL the hinges takes care of that and if you have a rear mounted spare it sometimes starts to rattle. Just remove the spare and loosen the 3 bolts and move the latch upward (you'll see where it originally by looking at the outline of the latch on the paint) and tighten the bolts. Also the zr2's are known for sagging leaf springs. mine are a little droopy but so is just about every other blazer I see in my town. Ride is a tad rough but hey...it's a truck. A set of rancho 9000 adjustable shocks would be just what the doctor (or dentist haha) ordered.

Last time with GM - 2003 Chevy Blazer
By randyxgm

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have purchased GM vehicles for the past 20+ years. My last new purchase was a 2003 Blazer the vehicle has been a lemon from day 1.
I have always taken care of my vehicles and done the recommended maintenance.
Here's a list of some of the problems I've had with this car: Trans line leaks @3000 miles, car shuts off for no reason @ less than 20,000 miles, power windows work intermittently, small side rear window leaks during rain, making seatbelts wet, fuel gauge problems, wipers don't park, wheel bearings needing replacing @ 40,000miles, rear brakes seized up, U-joints needed replacing @ 70,000 miles, Rear differential seal blew-out @ 100,000 miles, Trans died @ 150,000 miles. GM sucks!