Used 1998 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews

Used Blazer for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

BAD EGG

dkm5, 06/29/2011
4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle for a mail delivery vehicle in 2008. The rear end went out not long after purchase. Front end ball joints went out twice, A/C compressor leaked, driver window motor quit, mirrors fell off, ABS didn't work right (brakes worked better after taking out the fuse for the ABS). Fixed heater core and then it clogged up again 6 mo later. Found out I could make it through the winter by just blowing it out with a water hose (don't buy new heater core). The engine leaked water out of the intake and it is now going to the crusher ASAP.

AVOID IF ALL ELSE POSSIBLE

roger721, 04/01/2012
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my 1998 Chevy Blazer LS as a lease return fall of 1999 to replace my trusty 1986 Chevy Caprice sedan w 240K (bought in 1988 W/12K) and a unbelievable reliable '70 Impala before that since 1972! Week after at the the Blazer purchase, I smelled burning oil and checked underneath and oil was dripping everywhere. Bad oil sending unit, replaced at dealer with deductible I had to pay. Within 2 weeks later oil leak again, this time oil cooler lines. 4 months later, gear selector,odometer lights go out and then wheel bearing. Last straw, going through car wash, windshield started pouring in water. Cut my losses,got rid of it. Bought a Honda CRV w/20k and 120K later not 1 problem!

Poor Engineering and Build Quality!!!

NOMORECHEVYS, 03/18/2004
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Horrific ride but the worst thing is its POOR OVERALL QUALITY! Things that shouldn't leak @ 50K do; oil lines, front differential etc... And worse yet, stuff that shouldn't "ever" break (even if its sitting in a junkyard), does; door handles, seat adjustment knobs & levers. Not to mention, all the ball joints needing replacement before 50K. In fact, I'm surprised the engineers that designed this piece of CRAP can sleep at night. No wait, it's the Japanese who intentionally build in quality, right? I should have expected this from GM--needless to say, I sold mine and will be reading and believing these reviews "before" buying my next vehicle.

Junk