Used 1998 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews

Used Blazer for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

No more Blazers for me

No More Blazers, 02/22/2004
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This SUV has been nothing but trouble. In addition to lots of small things (three horn relays, transmission seals bad at 40,000 miles, etc.) I just foudn out that I need a new transmission and oil coolant lines. I trading in this piece of junk for a foreign car. I'll never buy another Chevrolet again and will be sure to tell everyone I know about the poor quality and even poorer service that I received from Chevy.

Love My Truck

GWEN, 08/23/2006
LS 4dr SUV

I love driving my truck. It took 8 years for any major repair. Fuel pump, rear end bearing, brakes, water pump. Cost $4000 to fix, but I have not found another truck or any vehicle that I would rather have. I get 20 mpg.

If you can keep it running, its great!

indy mom, 09/03/2005
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

The Blazer has a lot of interior room & is easy to drive (when it is not being worked on). 4WD works great; however, engine uses environmentally friendly (orange colored) coolant, which historically causes problems with the gaskets - I ended up dropping a new engine in it at 90,000 miles & now the computer is history at (110,000 miles). Good luck.

Solid First Vehicle

ncergnul, 05/08/2013
LS 4dr SUV

This car is a beast! I got this from my father 5 years ago. It has 170,000 miles and I have only had minor problems with it. They are known to leak oil but it wasn't too expensive of a fix. About 4 years ago I rolled my Blazer and had a lot of cosmetic damage as well as a few minor engine problems that we my own fault. It has ran perfectly since though. Great first car!

1998 Ls 4x4 Blazer

Caleb V, 04/25/2008
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my Blazer over a year, when I bought it, it needed a starter, changed that myself, around 77,000 the water pump barley started to leak, had that changed, other than that only standard maintainece including oil changes, trans flush, cooling flush, sterring linkage lubrication, breaks and rotors,and performance parts. Flowmaster exhaust, K&N intake. its a great truck and I love driving it. I plan on driving it till it dies (a long way off yet, at 80000 mi ). I also do some off roading, including trail riding and mudding and its never got me stuck or let me down yet. The large v6 could put out a little more horse power though, however I wouldn't want to sacrifice fuel economy

12345...17