Used 1998 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews

Used Blazer for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

Good Camping Vehicle

Anonymous, 12/08/2010
LS 4dr SUV

I purchased this Blazer in 2008 (with 55,000 actual miles) to take camping and on long trips. I also own a 1999 Blazer two-door which was a trick to pack with tents, gazebos, coolers, and supplies for camping trips. This vehicle has tons of room for 2 of us and all our stuff. We looked at newer vehicles, and most of them do not hold nearly as much. The seats are not as comfortable as the 2-door, the ride is rougher, and it is a bit like a barge with respect to tight turns, but as a utility and camping vehicle - I have no major complaints.

Indy Blazer

OurlivesforHim, 10/01/2002
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

After owning a 96 a few years back, this 98 is vastly better! Gotta love the 5.7 based 4.3 V6. Rock solid power, and it comes on so strong so early. This used beauty is Bright Red, and had only 55K miles. Sharp as a tack, and the interior has held up wonderfully.

Old Reliable

Bill, Chris & Debbie, 02/09/2003
LS 4dr SUV

I know that others may have had some issues with their Blazers but we have had nothing but routine maintenance and total reliability. Heck, even the original equipment tires look like they could go another 20K miles and they already have run 62K miles. Nothing but kudos for our Blazer!

Never GM again

LemonAid, 02/18/2003
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This car was a huge disappointment. I bought it very excited. It was nice on the outside and the inside was great. I was extremely happy and loved my Blazer, for about a month. Then the problems came. One after another. I bought the car with only 36k on it, and brought it back to the dealer again and again and again etc.. Problems ranging from switches, seats, blower motor, oil leaking, heater core, water pump, etc. Problem was not always fixed after the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd time I brought it back to the dealer.

98 Blazer review

gmorris, 02/24/2003
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

The car has been very reliable, starting emediately. I had to have to 4 wheel drive worked on because I did not use for over a year. I now try to put it into 4 wheel drive at least 2 times a month. It has been working well. It still feels "tight" after over 88,000 miles and uses no oil. I'm using Amsoil 10-30 and changing oil yearly. Oil still looks almost new after 15000 miles.

12345...17