Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used Beretta for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
3.88 out of 5 stars

Good Car, but there are downfalls

Mikedonalds, 04/10/2002
1996 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

Great car mechanically, I have 121,000 miles and the engine is still strong and peppy. Transmission has been a dream. I have gunned the engine far more than a few times and can outrun (w/ my V6) any Saturn, any neon, or 90's mustang (base model). Downfalls: The paint/primer are of poor quality - very poor. The daytime running lights are a major annoyance, prior to dusk my headlights turn on and off simply by entering and exiting a shady area. Driver side left foot space is crampy and there is no comfortable place for it. Floor carpeting in front and back sucks, ex. staining and fraying. Doors are heavy, actually too heavy. They will start to drag slightly and squeak

4.13 out of 5 stars

96' Z26

Chevymuscle218, 12/16/2008
1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

I bought this Z26 off my brother and have owned it for about 6 months now. The car currently has 220,000 + miles and it runs great. Never burns oil. Steering is getting stiff. The cup holders in the car are not that great. There is no room in the back seats when there is two people up front. You have to have the seat (for me) all the way back so you have some decent leg room, problem is it takes away from the rear passenger space. The 3.1 motor seems to be very reliable athough blown head gaskets seem to be a common problem with them I have yet had this problem. Even though its a Z- 26 I beleive the car has a sporty apperance, but is far from a sporty car and acceleration is not the greatest.

4.38 out of 5 stars

The Good Cheap Car With Problems

Bobbyz26420, 04/02/2010
1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

I owned my 1996 Beretta Z26 model for about 7 months. It was a great car, real sharp and it raced decently, (once beating a 2000 Camaro). She ran beautifully for the first three months, but after that I started having oil pressure problems. I ended up having to replace the radiator, ignition switch, engine timing chain set, water pump, belt tensioner, and an oil sending unit, totaling out to a whopping 1350 just for parts, not including labor. I finally decided to give up on her when the engine bearings and rods ended up wearing out to where the engine needed replacing, and the transmission was already slipping and a belt was rubbing off in the transmission oil. Great car, doesn't last long.

4.63 out of 5 stars

I miss my Beretta!

Andielion, 10/21/2010
1996 Chevrolet Beretta 2dr Coupe

I had my Beretta as a first car for about 8 years until it was just recently totaled. It was an incredibly smooth ride and had very little maintenance issues. It leaked water into the car the whole time I had it, but that did not matter because it's reliability easily canceled out that minor problem. I would suggest a Chevy Beretta to anyone!

1 out of 5 stars

Horrible first car

Joes, 07/09/2019
1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 2dr Coupe

I see a lot of positive reviews so maybe I had a lemon.but I had one it was a 96 z26 my mom gave it to me as my 18 b day gift the car had like 60?something thousand miles so not a lot this was back in the early 2000s.it was a cool looking car other then the teal paint and pink z26 stickers every 18 year old boys dream color combo lol...anyway to many issues to list frankly the majority were electrical also like an earlier post alternator issues a plenty but many other electrical issues.it got very very pricey specially for a young guy with not a lot of money. Couldn’t really Cruz with friends due to the back seat being all but pointless maybe you could get one person in the back if they put legs across the seats.a positive though was t was a quick little car and like again in an earlier post it could heat the v6?mustang witch was cool.when it ran though.that car left a very expensive bad taste in my mouth

4 out of 5 stars