Used 2002 Chevrolet Astro Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Astro for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Chevy, make another!

Jason, 04/25/2008

We purchased our '02 because we owned a '91 & my wife loved being up higher than a typical minivan. It was barely used when we bought it & it had everything we wanted. The biggest improvement over the older one was the rear dutch doors. It's a system that makes complete sense. The adjustability of the bench seats is tremendous, allowing ample leg room for an adult in the back if neccessary. Try having an adult in the back of a Caravan; they may decide to walk! The only thing I needed to change was the factory rims & tires; looked really soft for such a tough truck (and it is a truck!). We love our Astro van and plan on keeping it for years to come

It keeps going and going and...

Knuckles, 07/20/2017
LS Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Over 300,000 miles on the original engine and transmission. My wife has been through 3 Odysseys since Ive had my Astro. Who says America can't build cars that last?

2002 Astro Conversion

hope46, 07/07/2006

The only things I don't really like about this van are the turning radius, which isn't as tight as the Voyager we used to have, and how difficult it is to back up at night, because we have dark tinted windows, and the seats are quite high, making it difficult to see. It's a great traveling van, the back seat folds down to a bed, and it has nice blinds on the windows. It gets better mileage that we thought it would, averaging 20 mpg. I've gotten 24 mpg with it on the interstate. We'll keep this until it falls apart on us; we're quite happy with it.

3 Astros and Counting

Moms on her 3rd, 06/06/2002

Well, I am on my third Astro Van. I literally cried we I was told I had to give the 1st one up at 100,000. Then the second one at 107,000 miles. Today in our throw-away world its nice to know there are somethings still dependable. I carry alot of children around and the ruggedness of this vehicle is unbelieveable. My only suggestion would be for Chevy to ask mothers what changes they would make. The rear windows opening is a very good point.Other than that I hope they keep making this model.

A minivan that works like an SUV

cgoetz, 06/18/2002

We had owned a '90 Plymouth Grand Voyager, and liked its large interior, but didn't like its reliability. The Astro has at least as much room, but has been perfectly reliable so far, and has a lot more power. We enjoy camping, but never dared take our pop-up into the mountains with the Plymouth. The Astro does a nice job of taking us and our stuff wherever we want to go. The old van was good on snow, but the Astro is something else altogether - it is diffucult to make it slip even when you try. I'd recommend it to anyone who has an active family.