Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used XT5 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
    5 out of 5 stars

Love My XT5!

Thomas Derr, 11/05/2018
    2019 Cadillac XT5 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Three weeks ago, I took delivery of a 2019 XT5 Luxury AWD with the optional Black Ice Package (dark grey 20" wheels, blacked-out grille, and Black ice exterior trim pieces). First, the car looks great, with the Crystal White Tricoat paint, contrasting nicely with the Black Ice Package trim. This vehicle rides so smoothly and is the quietest car I have ever driven. This past weekend, I took it on its first longer trip, from southern NJ to Northeast PA. It handled hills and twisting roads without complaint. On the way home, I filled the tank. When I got home, I pulled up the trip summary on my app, and for the last 101 miles (fill up to home), the fuel economy was calculated as 30 mpg! Even though this is an AWD model, it's not full-time AWD. On my car, AWD is activated by selecting either Sport mode or just "AWD". I've been driving in Tour mode, 2-wheel drive, for the most part. My XT5 also has front pedestrian braking, low speed automatic braking and lane departure warning, which my '16 SRX did not have. The Bose Surround system gives beautiful sound. I couldn't be happier with this crossover.

Love my XT5

Carol, 11/10/2018
    2019 Cadillac XT5 Premium Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I owned a 2011 SRX that I absolutely loved. Was not really excited to trade it in for the XT5 but my husband insisted. Glad I listened because I do love it! Took a while to get used to the gear shift, it's very different from the SRX. But I love the CUE system. Very comfortable both driver and passenger. Back seat has lots of leg room. Smooth ride. After owning two Cadillac SUVs I don't think I will ever be happy with anything else!

Come over to my house

Alan, 08/31/2018
    2019 Cadillac XT5 Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The car reviewers i.e. car magazines and online reviewers are mostly wrong. The Cadillac CUE system in my 2017 XT5 is great!. Like most technology, you have to learn it. When you do after a day or two, you'll find the flexibility and things you can do are great. I get the feeling the reviewers get in the car and expect this knowledge to pop into their heads. It's a computer guys. Come on over to my house and I'll teach you how to use it. The mirrors are rather large and just fine contrary to this review. The base navigation system is unimpressive. The XT5 is a rather large vehicle, but I got 28mpg on a recent road trip. I was pleasantly surprised.

4 out of 5 stars

good car but not great car

Stew, 06/03/2019
    updated 12/03/2020
    2019 Cadillac XT5 Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have had my XT5 for 1 year and I am pleased with it. Rides well but sometimes suspension can be harsh. Transmission gets confused at times. I found the seat back very uncomfortable and had auto upholsterer add more padding; problem solved. Missing features like side mirror turn signal, locking gas door and many other small items. The bottom edge of the 2 front doors have sharp corners not rounded smooth edges like every other cat that I've owned. Cut my legs twice on the door. Otherwise the car is smooth, quiet, comfortable and reliable. A good car but could and should be a little better. Follow up 1 year later - still happy with my XT5. This is my first American car I have owned and am pleased with the reliability. The 2020 model has been updated and many of the issues I have with the car have been addressed. The new transmission is supposed to be much more refined. Many basic features missing from my car are now standard equipment (HID headlight, turn signals in mirrors, etc.). Another year later and still very pleased with my XT5. Very reliable and no issues

3 out of 5 stars

5 out of 5 stars

First Cadillac makes a great first impression

Mike Swanigan, 12/31/2019
    2019 Cadillac XT5 Premium Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have owned this car for a month and absolutely love it. It has more features than the Lexus 350 I was looking at for thousands less. After driving both cars it was an easy decision based on features and price. The only thing I would change is the Bluetooth audio does not show album or artist details on screen which is so mirror. Everything else is so intuitive and easy to use. Based on the exterior conditions the car sets the internal systems to make you comfortable. Love it! I am averaging 23 mpg which is better than expected for the AWD. Also purchased this used on Vroom which was an excellent experience and will definitely be using this way for purchasing cars in the future.