2017 Cadillac XT5 SUV Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Cadillac XT5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XT5 model:

XT has all the Extras
By William Rollison

2017 Cadillac XT5 SUV Premium Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

An outstanding revision of the SRX. Cadillac got this one right

Happy Folks
By Larry N

2017 Cadillac XT5 SUV Premium Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We have been driving Cadillacs since 1990 and always enjoyed them very much. Our first bucket seats were in our 2002 4 door sedan. We are older folks and have never enjoyed the Cadillac bucket seats. We had a 2013 DTS and those seats did not fit our needs very well. We had to purchase kitchen chair pads from Walmart to get us out of the hole we were in with the vehicle. When we got our 2017 XT5 we thought maybe the seats might be better, nope the same old seats. A friend suggested we visit a Relax The Back store and look at one of their seat units. We did and bought one for our new car. We drove the car from Minn. to Arizona and found the new seat worked just great. When we arrived in Arizona we went right out to a store and bought another unit for the rider seat. This is the first SUV we have ever owned, we have to say we enjoy it very much. It's so much easier to get in and out of this style vehicle. The good news, no more hitting of my head when I get into this car.

Another Satisfied Customer - Not great ( updated )
By Ramesh M

2017 Cadillac XT5 SUV Premium Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I was not sure about this SUV initially. Did some research before buying. I never owned a Cadillac before and has always owned a Lexus. I was planning to buy a new Van/SUV for my wife as her Toyota Sienna has done 68000 miles on it. Even though the Sienna is a great van, I did not like the fact that AWD has the Run Flat Tires on them, which gives it a bumpy ride and is expensive replacing the tires as it cannot be repaired otherwise it was a great family vehicle for us. My son has been learning to drive and it was also did not look good for him as he was driving a family van. Since my Sienna was well maintained, I good a good appraisal for it, so we decided to buy new car. Initially we saw Pacifica, which my wife did not like - quality of the vehicle was in question. Then we took a test drive in Cadillac xt5, Very good ride, excellent quality overall. People talk about the Cue not being fast enough, I think the Cue is much better than the system in my 2014 MB ML350. I also noted that the xt5 does not have a CD player - which i don't mind as we never use CDs anymore, as we have learned to use USBs/SD cards. The vehicle has 2 USB port in the front console and 2 for the back seats, I would have expected Cadillac to have SD card reader installed - but not a big deal. The other issue is the cargo space, it could have been little bit bigger, the head clearance for back seat is 2 inches short when compared to Lexus RX - hope Cadillac brings an SUV with little bit more space for the back passengers and cargo. There is no other choice, either you go for xt5, or Escalade which is huge. Over all very happy. Have to wait and see how it holds up to its reputation.
The above was my earlier review. Currently my SUV is with the dealer with complete black out of CUE system. Why driving the CUE system completely went dead and an error message saying " waiting for update media" and "copying 0/100" appeared. I absolutely have no control on navigation, blue tooth etc. The service guy does not know what it means and said their technical guy in off. Its been 4 days and no answer yet. Ended up going to Cadillac owners forum and found out other XT5 owners having same problem and the fis is ti install" human interface module" and have to wait for that part to arrive. So frustrated that a SUV that is done 1400 miles and 3 weeks old in service station? what kind of quality they have in their car? I miss my Toyota van and made a blunder buying XT5 instead of Lexus RX350. No more Cadillac.

'17 Caddy XT5
By J Gould

2017 Cadillac XT5 SUV Premium Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Huge improvement over SRX but...
By Tomonthebeach

2017 Cadillac XT5 SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We waited to get the XT5 because of review promises that the CUE system would be greatly improved. After 12,000 miles, I would say CUE is still crap. A huge problem is that the touch screen requires far too many submenus to achieve even simple commands. The navigation system relies on out-dated maps which reflected incorrect speeds easily half the time on our 40 state trip. It got lost about once every thousand miles on interstate segments that had been changed at least 2 years earlier. It had no detour option and will not reroute even after driving 50 miles on a different highway! Traffic warnings were unreliable. Fortunately if you have a mobile phone supporting Android Auto (AA), that functions like you would expect a luxury car nav system to function. AA understands my Bulgarian spouses accent every time. When driving, handling is fantastic. This car and turn inside many sedans with a far shorter radius than our SRX. Pickup is quite peppy. Mileage is very good for a car of this class. The gearshift is counter intuitive, and the transmission sometime hunts for the right gear in stop-n-go traffic. The fit and finish is good, cargo space excellent, and it has lots of nice feature like ample door storage.