Used 2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews

Used SRX for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...35

Pros
Cons

quite a few problems

Sameer Sinha, 03/13/2009
Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this new. you'd expect a $55,000 will be flawless but that i snot the case quite a few mechnical problems. Suspension noise- got replaced, driveshaft seal noise, exhaust system noise, troque converter noise, audio replced twice. interior bracket and clips replced. When it is not in the shop it is awesome. rides great, not a great touring car due to uncomfortable rea seats.

Cadillac 2005 SRX

specialk57, 11/26/2012
Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was in love with my 05 SRX until I started having major problems. I have replaced the Catalytic Converter,The Transmission and there is a definite problem with the engines that treats oil like water! General Motors has always had a bad reputation for the quality of the automobiles they deliver and as far as I am concerned ,I am very disappointed in the major problems consumers are having that are not addressed by GM. I will Never purchase another GM automobile. Its beginning to sound like an old truck and I am ready to junk it......Never had problems like that with Toyota

I'm 62 years old and worse car I've ever owned

Linda Massey, 03/10/2016
Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in 2005, first 4 months it went through 5 or the dashboard computers. We have 85,000 miles on it and have spent 1500.00 on the rear end, 2 battery's (not because I've done anything wrong), had to have the engine rebuilt at 71K and now at 85K the ECM has gone out and the key won't come out of the ignition. This was supposed to be my dream car and instead has become my nightmare car. I will never again own a GM product of any kind unless it is given to me. The dealership is very nice, but I had no intention of having a frequent visitor card. This is not a dealer issue, but a quality issue, right from the start.

Srx 2005

Vickie, 07/30/2015
Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have more money into this vehicle than any vehicle I have ever owned! I have very low mileage and mainly drive to and from work 14 miles round trip!! Constant and costly repairs! Will never purchase a cadillac again!!

2005 SRX

Buzz dropy, 04/17/2016
Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in the blind, had no knowledge of the car. I am pleased with the car overall, but many technology features that are on basic Chevy models are not on this car. I have no ports, I cant use bluetooth, I can tether the car to anything. But the car also makes noise when rides, when taken to the dealer to be checked nothing can be found. This car also drinks gas like about 12/15 miles per gallon. Its still the best car that I ever owed. My car has 114k on it and it does not show it its like new. I have made repairs to the manifold, breaks and their is a light out that I refuse to tackle, as it appears so hard to get to. After owning this car for 10 months, I have learned a great deal. Issues are created on this car for no reason. I have had issues with the CD player, won't reset and/or work. The suspension is terrible. $600 for a wheel bearing. Air conditioning never worked, $700 repair. Trade in value is horrible, or that may be me, because I paid to much for the car. But my biggest surprise was having the blinker/running lights replaced, $375.00 per side. In order to replace the lights, tires have to be removed and special tools are needed that a normal person would not have bought them and still could not replace the lights, just paid for it. I have driven this car 7k miles and things just go work. Thanks Cadillac. Going to a Lincoln next month. I had a choice between a Lincoln and this car made a bad decision.

12345...35