2017 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

Protection plus
By Protection

2017 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

The sloped rear cargo area is terrible things fall over and slide back plus much floor space was lost when compared to prior model. Electronics very confusing most of what you need whil driving you have to take your eyes off road to find.

Was not a Cadillac person
By Robert

2017 Cadillac Escalade Premium Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

I had dabbled in Cadillac and had a Escalade before, but when it moved in to the big baller/rap/gangster arena it was not a car for me. I am a conservative person and I did not want to be associated with the image. However, the new design caught my attention, no artificial gills and a really nice looking SUV. I don't mind the truck frame lineage, I like the durability and toughness aspect of the design. I really bought it to carry around my grand children and I want them protected. However, it is entertaining and I really like driving it. The price of entry is steep, but the look of the Tahoe or GMC versions did not visually appeal to me. I like the way this SUV looks and I feel good driving it. I could have bought any SUV, but I am a guy and this one appealed to me. I have had no issues and have about 10K miles on the truck.

2017 Cadillac Escalade
By James Ray

2017 Cadillac Escalade Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

It's amazing car

truly a great luxury suv
By Patrick R. Blasz

2017 Cadillac Escalade Premium Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

We purchased this vehicle in july 2017 and have put 6K miles on it. The mpg can easily exceed the epa (needs to be dismantled) estimates. The best is 30.7. You will read much by the professional motor media, about the same caliber of journalism as the rest of the media, parroting that the ride is harsh. Utter nonsense. These people are checking with one another to see what the consensus while be. Disregard them. We have purchased a range rover and the Escalade is a nicer vehicle in many regards. The solid rear axle is advantageous for the high tow rating. While the RR has better off road capabilities and is a wonderful vehicle, the Escalade has other attributes to stack up to any large SUV. Cadillac has done a wonderful job with this vehicle. We purchased it over the competition for the third row seat and the retractable running boards. These running boards are far far better than any fixed running board. So, forget the "professional" reviews, try it, you will like it.

Transmission is horrible
By Lindsey Clark

2017 Cadillac Escalade Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

I feel unsafe in this car. It jerks or lunges on me at a stop or slow speed at least once a day. The dealership has had my car 7 times and has not fixed it yet. I filed a lemon law complaint.