Used 2016 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

World Class Car
By Fred

2016 Cadillac CTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned several Audis and BMWs. The CTS drives and rides better than any of them.

Worst resale
By Rhicks

2016 Cadillac CTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Not happy with resale. Paid 60k for the car and a year later it's only worth 24k. Sad,, very sad....

The Cadillac of CTSs
By Karl

2016 Cadillac CTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I couldn't be happier with my 2016 CTS. The car looks fantastic, and aggressive, from every angle -- classic Cadillac. And the CTS 3.6 AWD has the performance to back up its looks, with tremendous acceleration (0-60 in 5.3 seconds), razor-sharp handling, and confident braking. The interior is beautifully designed and crafted, including aromatic leather seats, a pleasing and logical dash design, and natural grain wood trim. I find the driver's seat as comfortable as any I've ever sat in, and was able to achieve the perfect driving position after a few days of fiddling. I'm also enamored of the 13-speaker Bose Centerpoint sound system, which produces striking musical fidelity; the excellent navigation system; and the extra-large panoramic sunroof. Between the CTS's cosseting interior and raging performance, I thoroughly enjoy my commute to and from work, particularly on the back roads that I take to avoid traffic. I also look forward to chauffeuring my son around to his various activities, and would note that there is ample room in the back for child car seats, not to mention tall adults. As for maintenance (i.e., changing the oil and other fluids and rotating the tires), it's free for four years, and my local Cadillac dealer treats me like a rock star. I've had zero problems with this car, and highly recommend it.

Car is really nice but suspension?
By Greg

2016 Cadillac CTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have 29,000 miles on this car and the engine performance, braking & handling remain excellent except for a couple serious issues.
The suspension is still shockingly harsh, especially the front and even in Touring mode. When going over bumps like highway milled to paved surfaces the transition patches/ramps can't be absorbed smoothly. The Pirelli all season P Zero Nero run flats P245/40 R18 93V tires were so harsh they finally became damaged at around 12,000 miles so I switched to Continental run flats and it's noticeably better but still not what I'd like. I don't think the car is meant for run flat tires?
The other issue is road/wind noise. Still not quiet enough.
Now that I've had it longer I have a few things that are less than desirable.
The Bluetooth and Apple Carplay get messed up too often. It usually happens when using Carplay, where it's working and then it stops and I have no connectivity (pairing) to my phone. I have to stop and turn off & restart the car. I'm not sure but maybe it's because I don't wait for the car to go through its sequencing at start? I notice when I don't wait the tilt feature on the side mirrors doesn't work.
Rear seat leg room is way too cramped. My 6 & 9 year old granddaughters are touching the front seat backs and it's not acceptable for adults.
Trunk space and accessibility is very poor but would have been better if the rear bumper access point was lowered to the trunk floor level and the back seat opening (seats down) was wider. That height difference seriously limits the length of items you can put in and is further limiting by the narrow back seat opening.
Now that Cadillac has announced new sedans are coming because the ATS & CTS have poor sales the resale value of these cars which isn't good now will dive further. NG!
So unless I see something much better I'll stick with my CTS. I still like the looks and I get many complements on the car.

worst new car ride i ever bought
By dan boy

2016 Cadillac CTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

never buy a car with ride flat tires !!! EVER ! hardest ride , feel every little bump , forget about even the littlest hole in road , feels like front end falling off, REALLY falling off ! was in dealer 4 times replacing tires 3 or 4, another time 2 wheels, then after picking up car, next on star e mailed me the car had 1 or more flats when car was in my garage. I was right had a flat , and caddy is now not putting spare tires in trunk . S0......... had to be towed back to dealer. Got regional c addy guy involved for Boston area Keith (we'll only use his first name) was absolutely no use at all. said the way the car rides . (shame on cadoilac cts) So my story is after owning a brand new cts premium a cadillac for 6 months and traded it in .stay away from to cts caddy