Used 2016 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Encore model:

small
By Rose Brown

2016 Buick Encore 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Its too small.

May be our forever vehicle
By Okiepro

2016 Buick Encore Convenience 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a small but comfortable SUV. Lots of of front legroom. I've never had a vehicle that I didn't have to move the seat all the way back. Carries grandkids and groceries with ease. Nimble and responsive... fun to drive. After almost two years, no repairs needed and no squeaks or creaks. My grown sons can even get comfortable in the back seat.

This Buick is awesome!
By Joseph

2016 Buick Encore Convenience 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I compared this crossover to 13 other vehicles in this class: Nissan, Kia, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Honda, Toyota, VW, Fiat, Subaru, Hyundai, Jeep & Mazda. I looked at things like Style & Appearance, Reputation, Fit & Finish, Reliability, Length of time in Business (Automaker), Technology, Maneuverability and Miles per Gallon of fuel. I did not test drive all of the above but did take several of them for a spin. Some were rejected because of cost because a good deal of accessories are not included in the base price..The Buick line seems to be loaded with many standard items making it quite competitive with all the others when it comes to price. By the time you add on features on most of these vehicles that you really want, they become very pricey. The 'On-Star' feature with Buick is incredible: If the vehicle is stolen, contacting On-Star allows them to disable the vehicles engine wherever it is. Apparently the engine is slowed down automatically until the vehicle comes to a stop. Also, if I grab a plane in California and realize I left my Buick unlocked, I have an app on my smart phone which will let me lock my doors from New York or anyplace else that I've flown to.

Engine Problems!
By Angie Adney

2016 Buick Encore Sport Touring 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had engine problems at 38,000 miles! Went to dealership several times for repair. I am at 43,000 now and so far have not had any problems in the last 2 months. The navigation sucks! Very hard to program. I contacted GM for a buy back or trade out and there solution was to give me free Onstar for a year, which I dont have now nor do I want. If I trade in they tell me my car is only worth 12,000.

Smart little buggy
By Jack

2016 Buick Encore Convenience 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It's small. The cargo space is small. It's tight, quick handling, but rather slow acceleration. Smart crisp styling. Strange little lurch off of a light or stop sign, but I believe it's part of the ABS system. Good balance of color and chrome, less than great windshield wipers. ADD a passenger armrest!!! The single driver only armrest is just bad design. Great tires as delivered. Floor mats could be better quality. Overall a vehicle with quality materials, good entertaiment suite with just a few design flaws. Getting in and out is not hard, but the contour hump on the seat takes getting used to to get over and out.