Used 2014 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Encore model:

Bad Buick
By Krista

2014 Buick Encore Convenience 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I’ve owned over a dozen Buick/Oldsmobiles over the years and this is the absolute worst Buick I have ever owned. I bought it in 2017 with 36,000 miles on it and have taken it to the shop for several issues (thankfully under warranty). It’s had to have a new battery, the AWD had to have a software download because it quit working, one of the front struts went bad at 40,000 miles. It developed a coolant leak at 61,000 and needed a new turbo and water pump. The stereo has horrible sound and the Bluetooth often doesn’t work right. I have to keep trying to get it to understand who to call. Also the blind spot warning is glitchy and often stops working. The steering is too sensitive and there is a huge blind spot in the rear and a huge pedestrian hiding blind spot in the front door posts. It’s zippy to drive, but kinda gutless at 0-60. The only good things about this car is that it gets amazing gas mileage, holds a lot of junk, and is comfortable in long trips. I was hoping to be able to keep this car for five years or more, but that isn’t going to happen. I’m done with GM cars. I’m switching to Toyota.

Love Hate Relationship
By John Doe

2014 Buick Encore 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 2014 Buick Encore about a year ago, and it was a great car for about 8 months.... I noticed a coolant leak which I was told was in the turbo. No mechanic could find the leak. Around month 10, all of a sudden my car started shaking when I braked, high pitch screech from engine, constant check engine light, started to stall when I accelerated. This car only has 40,000 miles on it. Everything about the car was great, until it wasn’t.

Buick.....come on :/
By cctinney

2014 Buick Encore Premium 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So went to the dealer looking to upgrade to a little suv. Now I have had my eye on these encores for a while so I test drove one, it was really nice. Pearl white, roof rack, top tier of the selections and 40,000 miles. I did my research before pulling the trigger, How wrong I was, I am glade I bought the 100,00 0 mile warranty. Took it 6 miles from dealer ship to my friends, parked it, showed it off and then went to leave.....it turned on with the check engine light and then just stopped working. After getting it towed by the dealership and having them look at it they told me it was emc and it could be replaced and it would be good to go. (Laughing) yea got it from the Buick service and made it to their sign when,it died,again. Same thing emc and about 4 pages of error codes later, I returned to the dealership with keys in hand. Thankfully I had a 5 day money back garentee so I was covered, however if you are buying this vehical.....don’t.

Great vehicle
By Victor Ramirez

2014 Buick Encore Premium 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've really enjoyed the vehicle, it has been a worry free vehicle. The comfort and performance of the vehicle has been good.

This car saved my life
By Luke Chaidez

2014 Buick Encore Convenience 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had owned my baby (which I nicknamed Rainy) for a little under 8 months, until someone decided to run a red light right infront of me at 50 mph. Miraculously, both me and my friend are alive, unscratched- all because of this car. This car, quite literally, saved our lives. I cannot express how safe this car is and how grateful I am to have had this car. Rainy may be no longer, but I will always remember it as the car that saved our lives.