2021 Buick Encore GX SUV Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $2,512
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

I love my GX

Happy Owner, 11/15/2020
Select 4dr SUV AWD (1.3L 3cyl Turbo 9A)

So I am not an automotive aficionado, I am an average middle-class consumer. I have read reports of “sloppy steering”, awkward displays, etc., and I have experienced none of that. It’s a great looking little SUV that you can park almost anywhere. I have the 1.3 liter turbo and it’s a lot peppier than my previous Encore’s 1.4L engine. For the price, I just don’t know how you can beat it. I would buy it again without hesitation.

To Me It's Best Sub Compact SUV For The Price

Zolman, 12/08/2020
Essence 4dr SUV AWD (1.3L 3cyl Turbo 9A)

I've test driven all the sub compact SUV under $50,000. The Encore GX didn't have the raw power of some of the other brands BUT it had all I needed plus much better gas mileage. We just got done with a 650 mile road trip and averaged 38MPG. That's much better than the rating and all we did was drive speed limit. It's got enough power to merge into traffic and pass slow traffic on two lane roads. The interior is great and with all the refinements of the premium brands in its class. Granted it doesn't have real leather or 24 speakers, but I don't need that. What I really liked is the moon and combined sun roof, camera system and the safety features. No other SUV in it's class came close. And some of the pro evaluator's said there was cabin road noise ??? I listen to the radio when I drive.

This car is NOT slow (with 1.3L)

Peter, 12/17/2020
Essence 4dr SUV AWD (1.3L 3cyl Turbo 9A)

Purchased a 2021 Encore GX Essence and it is a fantastic car. Let’s address the elephant in the room first; SO many reviews of this car are positive until they get to the engine and then it all falls apart with comments pertaining to it being very slow and loud. Mine is FWD and most reviews are with AWD which may be part of the problem. My experience with the 1.3L has been instantaneous power with no turbo lag and quite quite. Mine includes the Advanced Tech Pkg Experience Buick Pkg, Convenience Pkg and is quite a vehicle that definitely feels a class above. It is higher in price but with this amount of tech (self parking anyone?), the quiet interior, very smooth ride and sharp styling I encourage anyone considering this car, and even those not considering it to drive it. You should be impressed. So no one is confused, the “Model” section below does not include an Essence FWD 1.3L forcing me to select the AWD option.

Ad
Build Your Equinox
At a Glance:
  • 6 Trims
  • $23,800starting MSRP
See pricing and options on your next Chevrolet
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges. Some colors are extra cost. See dealer for details.

So far so good

Hail2Eman, 11/09/2020
Select 4dr SUV AWD (1.3L 3cyl Turbo 9A)

Had my Encore GX for about 6month now and put 5K miles on it already. All the professional car critics say this car is under power. Its was never meant to be a speed demon, which I did not need anyway. But far as acceleration and keeping up with the traffic, in highway speed it has no problem. I think it fits in perfect between a Boring Honda / Nissan and expensive Lexus or Accra. It has perfect size and all the feature I wanted and needed.

I love my car!!

Ethan, 11/19/2020
Select 4dr SUV AWD (1.3L 3cyl Turbo 9A)

I am in love with this car! It feels so zippy around town with the turbo 1.3. Power is adequate on the highway, but it definitely wont win any races. The interior feels more premium than other subcompact crossovers. The backseat has adequate space. The technology is where this car really shines! The lane keep assist is great, and so is the infotainment system. The only thing that would make this car better is if it had a bigger engine. Overall, I am in love with my Encore GX Select!

12345...6