Used 2019 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

Used Enclave for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Lemon for Christmas

Ann, 12/25/2018
Avenir 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I bought a brand new 2019 Enclave Avenir on December 12, 2018. I loved everything about it except for noticing some of the electronic features were not working correctly which I had planned on taking back to the dealership for them to check out the first chance I got. On Saturday, December 22, 2018, I had stopped at a train crossing and had put the shift into park waiting for the train to pass. After the train had passed I then put the shift into Drive being very particular with my new car always looking to make sure on the panel that the D showed up which it did. I then proceeded to cross the track when the car abruptly stalled on the tracks and would not budge with the motor still running. When the car stalled it made a loud grinding noise and the vehicle started jerking hard sending us forward in our seats. I even screamed not knowing what had happened all the while pressing on the accelerator trying to make the car accelerate. It was terrifying being stuck on the railroad tracks because on this particular track several trains pass on it. Another person was with me in the passenger seat and my small son in the seat behind me. This lasted for approximately one or two minutes when we knew our only choice was to get out of the vehicle because of fear of another train soon coming. I then tried one last time pressing the accelerator with this time the car finally moving. I was shaking so bad still in shock from what had happened in fear it was going to happen again before reaching my home. Luckily my home was only about two miles from there. As soon as I parked it in my garage I called the dealership to be told that they would pick it up on Monday, December 24th. They sent a tow truck to pick it up and left me with a much less expensive vehicle to drive which when I purchased the vehicle I was told I would be furnished with a car of equal value if the car was ever in the shop. Well, with a little over 900 miles on my nice expensive new vehicle I watched it being towed away on Christmas Eve which was supposed to have been an early Christmas gift for me and my family. So needless to say I am very unhappy with my new Enclave and the dealership I purchased it from. I do not want this vehicle back after the danger it put me and my passengers in. We had just got off the interstate a few minutes before this happened so what if it had stalled on the interstate with the fast-moving traffic the story would have had a totally different outcome. I do not know yet what will be done about the situation since the car has not yet been checked out but I know that I purchased a LEMON. A stressful Christmas but so thankful God took care of us because we could have not been here to even celebrate this special day.

Smooth ride and great handling.

Steve Downey, 08/01/2019
Essence 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

The best things about the new Enclave are outside and especially the interior styling. The interior is not cluttered and the fit and trim is great. the Transmission is smooth and all negative about the reverse on the stick it silly. It takes one time putting in reverse and you have mastered it. Super quiet on the road. Infotainment is the best. Essence has most what you need if you don't want to spend on every bell and whistle. Yes there are a few little short cummings like no light in the glove box. But the pluses out weight nit picking some small things as a lot of reviews seem to do. The LED head lamps are great and boy I can finally see at night. The V6 give you plenty of power i don't need to go from 0 to 60 in 4 seconds. I was most surprised by the drive and handling. It really hides the bumps and rocks that I was use to feeling in another 2017 Buick I had. You must check the Enclave. I think you will be surprised and roomy is what I need at 6'4.

Disappointed in the seats and several other things

Carol W, 01/16/2020
Essence 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

My 2019 Enclave is my 3rd one. Now wishing I had kept my 2015 Enclave a bit longer. The seats in the 20154 and my 2008 were extremely comfortable. Now they have changed the seats so they are way to hard! Very uncomfortable for me. And I'm told nothing to be done about it. Update: After a year and 17,000 miles, the seats are still hard and uncomfortable. I can no longer charge my cell phone if the engine is shut off. Was able to in my 2008 and 2014. That was a great feature when we lost house power due to a storm. The left third row seat is very difficult to pull back up once it was put down to afford more cargo space. Sorry GM, you are ruining what was once a really nice car. UPDATE 7/29/20 Just returned from a 2500 mile round trip and found the seats on a long drive are even worse than I thought as they caused me substantial back pain. Unless you like hard seats, I do not recommend this car!

Ad
Build Your Enclave
At a Glance:
  • 10 Colors
  • 4 Trims
  • $40,000starting MSRP
See pricing and options on your next Buick

LEMON

Ann Salge, 10/30/2018
Essence 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I purchased a 2019 buick enclave about 3 months ago. My 3rd Buick enclave. This 2019 has left me stranded twice now and noboby knows whats wrong or how to fix.

A Surprisingly Great Ride & experience

Kevin, 02/19/2019
Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Purchased my 2019 Buick Enclave and have owned for over 60 days. Love the technology, the surround view camera, back up camera, carplay and the ability to respond hands free to incoming texts or calls. I tour clients as part of my job and several without prompting have said WOW this is a very nice, quiet vehicle. When I have told them is a Buick they have said,Really? Well they got it right! The amenities hold their own with other higher priced vehicles. I traded a mercedes suv and although the mercedes might have had a few more creature comforts and softer plastic finishes the Buick is proving more reliable and a more comfortable experience. There is always someone who can be negative but my experience with the 2019 Buick Enclave has exceeded my expectations. Do yourself a favor and test drive one I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

12345...8