Used 2019 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

Used Enclave for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Best SUV

OB, 03/31/2019
Essence 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Entire family loves enclave. we had a 2010 and put 177000 miles which we replaced with 2019 essence trim - we always lease to buy as u will know during lease if a problem comes. It gives a lot for its price compared to competitors. Before getting 2010 enclave we had BMW X5. We sold x5 at 135000 miles. To be honest X5 cost way more in maintenance above 120000 miles than enclave. We liked enclave better

BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED!

Shannon W., 06/03/2019
Avenir 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Update: 12/5/2020 - I have had my Enclave for almost 2 years. It has 30k miles on it and I still love it just as much as the day I got it! It has been a great vehicle. Had to have two of the electronic components repaired, but both completely covered under warranty. The transmission and drive train have worked flawlessly! The vehicle rides so smoothly and is so quiet! Still very happy with my purchase. This vehicle is such a pleasant surprise! Did extensive research as I was transitioning from 13 years in a mini-van. Was looking for a mid-size SUV with all of the bells and whistles, but could also fit my family of 5, which includes 3 teenagers, plus my 80lb Lab. I drove the Toyota Highlander, Volvo XC90, Subaru Ascent, Ford Explorer, GMC Acadia and Honda Pilot and I knew as soon as I drove this it was the car for me. It was the last car I drove because I was trying to stay away from GM, but I tell you what! GM has really upped their game with this vehicle. It is a Luxury vehicle at a reasonable price and pretty good warranty (4yrs/50k). Do yourselves a favor and go drive one! I have put 5k miles on it in 3 months. It rides so smoothly and quiet! Don’t love the shifter and the manual shades for the sun roof, and the door storage is kind of useless, but those are minor in the grand sceme of things and definitely not dealbreakers. Everything else makes up for it! I love this SUV!

Coolant leak from Engine cylinder head.

CJoe, 09/17/2019
Avenir 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Less than 7000 miles on odometer, the coolant was leaking from Engine cylinder head. Part to be replaced. Whoever planning to buy BUICK Enclave, please think/research about it ‼️😡😡😡

Ad
Build Your Enclave
At a Glance:
  • 10 Colors
  • 4 Trims
See pricing and options on your next Buick

Transmission Whine

Steve Jones, 01/22/2020
Essence 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I took delivery of my 2019 Enclave in Nov 2019 and like it a lot. However, it developed a transmission whine shortly after delivery. I took it to my dealer and the service manager went for a ride with me. He acknowledged the noise and said he heard it in other Buicks. I wondered if it might be the torque converter and he mentioned another possibility that I can not remember. He told me he would contact the GM rep and get back in touch. A few days later I received a call telling me that the noise is considered acceptable as other cars with this transmission also make this noise... That is ridiculous. No new car should make transmission noise, especially a Buick which is classified as a luxury SUV and is the reason I purchased it. I contacted the dealership owner who said he would look into it and get back with me. Haven't heard from him yet. It looks like the run around has begun. Jan 2021 - After a year of ownership, I still haven't got the transmission whine resolved. I've been back to the dealer 4 times but get the same response. It's operating within acceptable parameters. I follow a website called GM Authority that is all things GM. There was an article about a GM pilot program to repair/replace many GM cars with this transmission. My Buick met the age and mileage criteria. I phoned them and as a first step, I brought my Buick back to the dealer with a copy of the article and another test drive. They did not seem familiar with the program but said they would contact GM. After several more emails and phone calls, a GM customer service advisor contacted me and advised that there was no such program and that my transmission was operating properly. I guess the moral of this story is, if you have this transmission in your GM car and it makes a whining noise, it's normal.

2019 Buick Enclave - What a Joke

Kari C, 04/11/2019
Avenir 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Purchased a new 2019 Enclave in November of 2018. After driving my car 100 miles it broke down due to transmission issues. I was told by the dealership that it needed new Transmission sleeves & that the parts would need to be ordered (this whole ordeal took nearly 3 weeks) now 3 months later - the same thing has happened. Wouldn’t go over 5 miles an hr. Shuddered and felt like it was missing gears. I had to towed to the dealership & now I am being told that the car just needed an update - something is starting to fee not right with all of the information I’m being told. I loved this car when i purchased it & now I hate it. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR........

12345...8