Used 2010 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Will never by General Motors Again!!
By Lucinda

2010 Buick Enclave CXL1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my car about a year and a half, few months ago my power steering has been causing issues. Just recently my check engine light came on and it threw a generic code of P0008, well that is a code for my timing chain. This is a well known issue with GM but they refuse to do anything about it for their customers. Now it will cost me up to $4000.00 to fix it myself. I am furious, yes the car is nice, drives nice but not happy that this is a problem they inquired when making this car, it is not something I have done. I am currently having my power steering replaced for free because they found that it was a safety issue. Guess I don't quiet understand how the timing chain is not a safety issue when it is know by them that it heats up and stretches, the could break over time and cause catastrophic engine failure, I have heard some stories of this happening as people were driving down the road and car just stops running and no time to get off the road, how the heck is that not a safety issue. I really was going to purchase another one when I paid this one of more but I am no longer going to even consider look at anything made by GENERAL MOTORS!

Great Looking Car, but quality lacking
By Cynthia Longo

2010 Buick Enclave CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Many issues with transmission, steering, and AC unit. Multiple times in for repairs, some covered, some not. Transmission issue was major concern on 2007-2009 models so much that GM increased the length of the warranty for those years. GM did not make a major design change for 2010, but no extended warranty.

Worst vehicle I have ever owned
By Darlene

2010 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

As I am driving the down the road the car goes into neutral, engine rev's and RPM's go way up. Lasts for 30 sec or so. It has done it at 25mph up to 75mph, scary as hell. 2nd issue, car will jerk, check engine light comes on, things flash on the dash i.e. service stabilitrac, park assist off, traction control off and then it won't shift gears and I have to stop and shut the car off. Check engine light will say on for a day or two. It has given me nothing but problems. After spending $4000 in a year the dealer, after having it for 7 weeks, found a connector with 9 wires going into it that was fried, surprised the vehicle didn't catch on fire. They had to seperate it into 2 connector. GM would not acknowledge it was a design issue and it was my problem. I got rid of that dangerous piece of junk and bought a Ford, would never buy another GM product.

Blown engine
By Russ

2010 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After timing belt replaced at 100K, got the bad news at 115k that the crankshaft bearings are blown. Requires a new engine. Very disappointed in what I thought was a very good american car competing against Lexus.

Whoa Nellie, time for a change
By Larry

2010 Buick Enclave CXL1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the vehicle used. Not long after purchase had problems with power steering pump making noise and leaking oil. After making 3 trips to the dealership problem was fixed. Next, was an air conditioning failure. Got that fixed and then in a couple of months, same failure Those were $1000+ a pop. Now the heater control has gone south. Haven't gotten it to the garage yet but I'm betting that will be another $1000 and oh and buy the way, the car overheated on the way home from making the appointment to get the heater control fixed. Also has noisy vibration when accelerating. Almost forgot the plastic tabs holding the floor mats in place break off easily Looking for another brand soon. Its a shame as we have liked the car but I just can't afford those repair cost nor should one have too on a vehicle that costs as much as these do.