Used 2003 Buick Century Consumer Reviews

Used Century for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

LOVE MY BUICK!

lovemybuick, 03/24/2012

I bought my '03 Buick Century at the suggesting of a friend who is an engineer and very trustworthy when it comes to the mechanics of things. At first I was worried about it "being for old folks". I love the looks and styling of this car, as does my 22 yr old son and his friends! It had 26K miles when I purchased it, today, 2012, it has 279K, and it's still going strong. The only problems in that time were routine with the exception of having to replace the motor in the door as the window wouldn't go down last year.

just a good car

johnbortz, 10/29/2015
4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used high mileage but this car was garaged and well maintained. has a few minor maintenance issues to be taken care of need motor for the windshield washer sprayer. a couple of new front tires and a coolant flush normal maintenance! before winter otherwise should be ready for the cold winters here in Montana. owned a 88 Oldsmobile 96 and it went three years with very little repairs. hope the century can give me a least 3 to 4 years service. this car looks sharp and seems to get pretty good gas mileage. hopefully will buy a newer one in the future.

Love My Car!

suzannefanning, 10/02/2010

I love this car! I have owned and driven two 1995 Buick LeSabres and I actually like my little Century better! I get 30 mpg and drive 50 miles round trip each day to work. The car handles like a dream and even my teenage daughter says she looks like a classy lady!

Good Used car buy

Josh Nixon, 03/06/2016
4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Century used with just over 100K on the clock. It is reliable, and has a smooth, floaty ride. Surprisingly, it handles really well for having a soft suspension. Fuel economy is stellar, I regularly see 28 mpg combined. ( 60 percent highway commute) I paid $2100 for it and you can usually find good, low mileage examples because typically the people who buy Buicks are older. The interior is comfortable, but the plastics are low-quality and rattle over bumps. Other than this, the car has no major problems and looks and runs like new. Overall, good value for the money.

A solid car

V8 Man, 07/07/2010

We bought a slightly used 2003 Century for my wife. It now has 59K miles on it (in 2010) and has not been high maintenance at all. She really likes the car. Beyond routine maintenance, I do not think that it has required any other care. However, it is garage kept and locally driven mostly. The exterior has a timeless quality about it and still looks up-to-date (at least to me). The interior is a mix of cheap materials and upscale features, but overall functional and attractive. Several years ago, we did have a problem with it refusing to crank. Never did determine what the issue was, but it has never reoccurred. For the price, I recommend the car.

Great car

sherman, 01/07/2008

Excellent mileage, excellent ride. I have had no problems with this car. Oil has been changed at 3000 mile intervals

I'm in love with with the deal of the CENTURY

Mary Stout, 03/01/2017
4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

In 2015 I was in desperate need of a car for my 2 teenage daughters I found 2003 Buick century for $1500 some how it became my work car....this car has been the most reliable car I've ever owned and I'm a expert on USED cars in the time I've owed this car the only maintenance I've done is the normal oil changes and new tires that's it it gets the best gas mileage ever at 37 mpg.and I would definitely buy another Buick Century

Low mileage isn't always good

David, 08/15/2017
4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased car 2 years ago, only had 36000 miles on it with all service records. Looked like new. After only 6000 miles the #5 fuel injector stuck open which flooded the cylinder with gas causing the compression ring to break. Due to low mileage I decided to have engine completely rebuilt by a very reputable machine shop. Car ran good for about another 6000 miles and started skipping on #3 cylinder. Inspection revealed valve stem had pulled out of head. In shop again and now so I'll have alot more in car than its worth. The 3.1 GM engine is a piece of junk. PERIOD

I'm Amazed at all the good reviews

Steve, 01/26/2010

My Buick Century has issues that no automobile should have at 80,000 miles. Driver side automatic window does not work. The dash lights do not work (this is not a fuse issue). The tail lights do not work (again - not a fuse). Whole assemblies will need to be purchased for both of the previous problems. The trunks hinges are no longer holding up the trunk lid when opened. Both knobs for climate control broke (the part that slides over the stem simply disintegrated). And what's with these folks who have up to 38mpg gas mileage? I have never had more than 27mpg Highway and 21mpg city. This is a prime example to why GM went bankrupt. I will never buy a domestic made car again.

Love This Car

Scott C., 08/20/2008

I agree with some comments about the air vents. I hate how they only rotate on one axis. I had my Buick for almost 3 years now, and I haven't done anything to it except changing the tires, brakes, and oil. This car has never let me down! I'd recommend it to anyone.

12345...6