Used 2004 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews - 223 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

So much fun for so little money!
By rick burch

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Long front end, so don't park into a curb. Tight and quick steering. Great acceleration with the smaller 2.5! Great braking. Fun Roadster!! Quick power top!

Slammin' style and great to own!
By Michael Taylor

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Beats all other small convertibles. I tried Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Mercedes, Fiat, MGB, VW, and so on. I also own a 528i, but I'm not biased at all. If it is a great car, I say so. This is a phenomenal car. I work on it myself, but really, nothing has gone wrong...except the motor for the top. The design is such that water backs up (from clogged drainage holes) with debris and floods the top's electric motor. Water vs electrical component? Water will be the destroyer of every pump, every time. BMW knows, now, that this is a poor design. I relocated my pump, after replacement, into the trunk. Viola! Never another problem. In spite of this, this car is unmatched in fun, performance, handling, and coolness. I am going to buy another one so I can have 2! I want a 2.5 for comparison. These cars are that good! Just test drive one. You will be a believer and find a way to get one. Mark my words. Enjoy, and be safe.

Car Love
By Richard Demarco

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my Z4 for 5 years after owning a Z3 for 12 years. Ultimate driving machine is a great name for these cars.

BMW Z4
By Cher

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Beautilful to look at but...
By adunkle

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is beautiful!! Very sexy and sleek. Just looking at it, it drips of performance and wants to go fast. That's the only positive things I have to say about it and why I have kept it but am considering moving on. The car seems to have one malfunction after another with no end in sight. To list a few of the more recent issues that needed to be fixed: Convertible top motor, all abs sensors, new starter and new coolent reservoir. Add the regular maintenance cost such as breaks, tires and other miscellaneous things that just need to replaced and be ready to fork out some serious $$$! This is my second German car and all I
have to say is, "So much for German engineering!"

Exterior Design. Fun to Drive

After forking out big bucks for a car like this I expect better. Better all around quality. Just better everything!