Used 2004 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews - 225 Car Reviews | Edmunds

By Cheri

Love it

OLd Z4
By Beermanbp

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car if you want to put the top down and drive. Very dependable and fun to drive. Maintenance cost higher than I would like. Changing from Run Flats to regular tires reduce the cost and gave me a much better ride.

So much fun for so little money!
By rick burch

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Long front end, so don't park into a curb. Tight and quick steering. Great acceleration with the smaller 2.5! Great braking. Fun Roadster!! Quick power top!

Slammin' style and great to own!
By Michael Taylor

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Beats all other small convertibles. I tried Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Mercedes, Fiat, MGB, VW, and so on. I also own a 528i, but I'm not biased at all. If it is a great car, I say so. This is a phenomenal car. I work on it myself, but really, nothing has gone wrong...except the motor for the top. The design is such that water backs up (from clogged drainage holes) with debris and floods the top's electric motor. Water vs electrical component? Water will be the destroyer of every pump, every time. BMW knows, now, that this is a poor design. I relocated my pump, after replacement, into the trunk. Viola! Never another problem. In spite of this, this car is unmatched in fun, performance, handling, and coolness. I am going to buy another one so I can have 2! I want a 2.5 for comparison. These cars are that good! Just test drive one. You will be a believer and find a way to get one. Mark my words. Enjoy, and be safe.

Car Love
By Richard Demarco

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my Z4 for 5 years after owning a Z3 for 12 years. Ultimate driving machine is a great name for these cars.