2020 BMW X5 SUV Consumer Reviews

$58,900

Save as much as $11,901
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Love the smooth power from the straight 6

X5-er, 04/11/2020
xDrive40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Not sure if any where people are coming up with the low reviews or even if they actually own an X5. We’ve had ours two months and it’s a comfortable, smooth, powerful, engaging vehicle to drive. I commute about 25 miles each way and we took it on a 1500 mile round trip to pick my daughter up from school and have been very satisfied. I’m a tech guy and love all the gadgets in this car and have had no issues with CarPlay or any of the electronics so far. I was debating the M50i version and am sure I would have loved the V8 on the occasional times I would have stomped on it. Honestly the straight 6 with a 0-60 time around 5 seconds is still very satisfying for a vehicle this size and was much more affordable from an initial price and ongoing gas mileage standpoint. I’ve been averaging about 22mpg in mixed driving and saw 25 mpg on our long trip. This is our second BMW X vehicle and we wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one in the future.

Obsessed with my new X5!

KMP Florida , 02/17/2020
sDrive40i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

New X5 redesign makes this luxury SUV opulent and a fun to drive masterpiece! This is my third consecutive X5, and fourth X5 overall...this time I bought not leased! The interior is everything I could ask for. The engine is responsive, fun, smooth but yet fierce! I bought the M sport 2020 with 22 inch tires and Harmon Kardon sound system. All other safety options I need/want come standard! I pray I can keep this car for the next decade vs the three year lease dance I’ve been playing for a while!! I love this car, embodies the “ultimate driving machine“ motto!!!

Almost perfect mid-size SUV

James, 09/12/2020
sDrive40i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I previously wrote how I went from a Mercedes to BMW, after 7 months my feeling a for the X-5 have only improved. My initial impression of the X5 was how wonderful the car was. That has not changed. If you are interested in either the X5 or the GLE you have to ask yourself why does Mercedes think a turbo 4 making 250hp for the same price as the X5 with a inline turbo 6 making 330hp is a good deal. In the real world it is a significant detraction. The X5 is the better driving vehicle and has the most comfortable seat I have ever sat. The Apple car play for BMW is the easiest pairing you will find. It works flawlessly via Bluetooth and WiFi. For those of you thinking the X5 might be thirsty guess again. In real world driving I average 24.5 mpg. I admit I drive in eco-pro mode. All the power is there when you need it. The car also allows you to customize the settings so it rides and steers like the sport mode. The navigation system works well, is easy t use and gives you upto date traffic information and also allows you to plan you route via several alternative routes and allows you to add stops etc. I will say having left the world of Mercedes which came with the most expensive maintenance and repairs for things that broke that should never break I can only say the BMW X5 is only choice you really should make in the 2 row luxury suv market.

BMW STEPPING US THEIR GAME

Kirby, 10/18/2020
xDrive40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

What a wonderful driving SUV! Traded in my 2019 x3, which was my baby, so that I could experience BMW at its finest. This beautiful piece of machinery will wrap your senses in LUXURY. Talk about rewarding yourself! The tech is a little more comprehensive from all our previous BMWs but in time should be just fine. It pretty much includes everything you want to know and things you don’t. The beast can be a little intimidating at first drive. From an x3 to this is quite a leap now. It might feel a little larger than life because the whole driving experience is elevated literally and figuratively. The 20” wheels are stunning and recognizable BMW, and the new ARCTIC GRAY a perfect unique choice. This standard of excellence is worth every penny. Don’t be intimidated by the price. Do your due diligence and you can score a great price. We bought a service loaner with 3000 mi. for $10,000. (!) under MSRP.

Terrible electronics

David, 03/01/2020
xDrive40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Had my 2020 x5 x40i for 3 months, been Pacific BMW 3 times to reprogram wifi and cell phone communication. After the 3rd visit they fixed it, now it's out again, I will not fix it again, I realize the x5 technology is very faulty, so I'll just drive it like an old car. Unfortunately I bought it instead of leasing so I'm stuck. I traded in a 2018 audi Q5 with excellent technology, one of my biggest regrets